Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, everyone. Jac here.

I've been looking online trying to find some way to change UI mid game. Reason being is because of VIsuStella's Core Engine on the Keyboard stuff and me changing the screen to match Widescreen. In other word, if I don't change the UI settings, it wouldn't fit the screen or I'd have a hard time trying to see what I'm typing in.

Is there a way to use Script Call for changing the UI sizes? I mean, it only needs to happen during name input.

If not possible by Script Call, do I need to go for a plugin? If so, what kind of Plugin?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Thank you.

I'm not sure it can be done via a script call, so I'll just move it here.

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you. Wasn't sure, myself.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi ^^

Hmm.. don't know for sure, never tried that. But maybe, you can try the below script call before the name input scene:

JavaScript:
// Store the current UI area in two variables.
$gameVariables.setValue(AnyVarId, $dataSystem.advanced.uiAreaWidth)
$gameVariables.setValue(AnyVarId, $dataSystem.advanced.uiAreaHeight)

// Change the UI are to your liking.
$dataSystem.advanced.uiAreaWidth = X
$dataSystem.advanced.uiAreaHeight = X

// Maybe need to call that before enter the scene name
SceneManager._scene.adjustBoxSize()

// call the name input scene

// After the name input scene, restore to default:
JavaScript:
$dataSystem.advanced.uiAreaWidth = $gameVariables.value(VarId For Ui Area Width)
$dataSystem.advanced.uiAreaHeight = $gameVariables.value(VarId For Ui Area Height)
SceneManager._scene.adjustBoxSize()

I believe it is a long shot. But maybe it will work.

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Eliaquim Tried doing the script call. Definitely a long shot at best. :D Thank you for trying, though. Looking at the console, it kept telling me;

TypeError: SceneManager._scene.adjustBoxSize is not a function

So I tried a few things myself and still couldn't get it to work. And by a few things, I mean I tried to change it from SceneManager._scene.adjustBoxSize() to SceneManager_scene.adjustBoxSize() and then I tried this one SceneManager.scene.adjustBoxSize()

None works, sadly. Though, like I said, thank you for trying.

Still, part of me thinks this would be an interesting thing for others to have. A way to control it. Though, mostly in it for myself.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Steam page is now live!
1632768058957.png
just discovered thig game called Willowbrooke Post... beautiful artstyle if I do say so myself... does anyone know what this kind of style is called??
In one of my game projects, I am working on an arena where you can fight combatants or bet on monsters, and, man, it is taking so long, lmao. I do not think that it helps that I am using an evented combat system with a lot of things that I have to edit.
Time to take a little break from the project to work on another for Skyrim. Shouldn't take too long, as it's just fulfilling an easy to do request(more than likely I'll get beaten to the punch but...) this also gives me an excuse to play Skyrim again LOL.
Dawg.gifKhat.gif
I made two new friends today. I'm not sure which style I like the best..?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro123