Status
Not open for further replies.

LolitaOfJustice

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I know this question has been asked a lot but I haven't been able to find the exact answer for my specific type of problem. You see, I have it set up so that my character receives a key to go into a room that is locked, he chooses the key from the menu and goes in there. In there he will find a furnace that will give him a Note item. I want this Note item to trigger a chase scene. After receiving the note item I want my enemy character to appear from a corner of the room and start to chase him if he starts moving. So I got the basic, she starts to chase you after you get the note..but I have a problem. When I set up the event in the room..her graphic stays there. I want her graphic to be invisible until he receives the note. I set a conditional branch for this but it doesn't seem to be working? I tried to turn transparency on and then turn it off if the note isn't present but still no luck. I even tried setting the movement route so that the graphic doesn't appear unless it's present..but she's still there. Here you can have my screenshots of what I've done. The first image is of the furnace event, receiving the note. The second image is of the chaser event. 

uhh miss scary.PNG

uhh miss scary 2.PNG

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The graphic should only be visible when switch 2 is on.  Why do you have the page conditioned by a switch, and a conditional branch for the same switch?  You should probably read through some tutorials to get a better understanding of switches, conditional branches, and multiple event pages.

You should probably also not use a pirated version of the engine.  That could be the cause of the problem as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

1660090657213.png
Mistakes will be made.
After three years, it was awesome to be back at Gen Con!
Words of Wisdom: You can be honest and alone. Or dishonest and together.
Working on mapping using RPGTools to create parallax maps using PVgames tiles/assets. It's super cool... but mapping is still something I drag my feet on getting done. I hate this but love the math parts of design, which is the opposite of a lot of dev's around, I think. It really do be different strokes for different folks.
Spend $5,000 on a new gaming PC. Didn't expect it to be like 1 foot wide, 2 feet tall, and weigh like 100+ pounds. The heck did I get myself into?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeuzyGamer