Suushii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, there are a bunch of icons I'd like to use along with the default ones for MV, but trying to combine them all into one icon set has given me such a headache that I'm pretty sure I will literally start to feel pain if I attempt to do it myself again.

I've seen some comments say that it's as simple as opening an image editor and just attaching the icon sets together onto an expanded canvas, but after about 5 attempts with 3 different image editors, I can definitely say I wholeheartedly disagree :/

The issue is that the new icons I attach does not have complete transparency.

BESgLUr.png

^ That is an example of what happens.

So, it would be a godsend if somebody could help me figure out how to combine icon sets together without all the transparency disappearing on me. A detailed step by step guide would be nice, or you could just do it for me, since I tend to be an idiot even with people trying to explain it to me.

For those who are curious, this is the icon set in question that I'd like to use along with the default ones - http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/23/freebies-mv-ready-ace-icons/

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
When you create a new image in your image editor (I use GIMP, but it should apply to Photoshop and other editors too), did you make sure to choose the option where instead of background colour (the white), it would fill with Transparency? For GIMP, when you create a new image, you have to click on the drop-down menu for Advanced Options.

Last edited by a moderator:

Suushii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, so it was as simple as that, huh? I didn't see that option before, but it seems to have solved the problem. Thank you very much! :)

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No problem :) I had the same problem you did when I tried figuring out how to do my own iconsets! 

Lynks

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
And then what? to actually combine them.

I have no idea what I'm doing when dealing with these softwares. I'm just too stupid to get it

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What exactly is the doubt? And what is the software?

Lynks

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
GIMP, at the moment. I don't even know how to do something, probably as simple, as aligning the pictures and saving them as one.

Only thing I can handle is the transparency

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh... sorry, never used it.

But there must be somewhere where you can increase the size vertically without stretching the whole image (in photoshop it is Canvas Size), make it so it does it only down from what you have for the image... or move it back by hand later, as I said no idea what GIMP can do.

Then paste your other set and put it in place.

It is better to try experimenting.

Lynks

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Oh yeah, I'm sure there are, it's definitely me. Such editing programs just doesn't click for me

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If the files are already in iconformat, you just need to attach them below. The important thing about the iconsheet is that it has a fixed width but can have any lenght.

The problem arise if the icons you want to add are single or only a few instead of a full row, because then they need to be positioned horizontally as well.

The only way to do that is to activate a grid in GIMP (in needs to be a 32x32 grid for icons in MV), activate the "snap to grid" option and then place the icons into the grid

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1638170340913.png
Crossover Inn is getting very crowded, and I love it
Climbing to the top #mapping
1638160732198.png
I've started the first steps of the final few maps that I need to make for B:ms. I haven't been able to say that in a really, really long time. It'd probably be a good idea to blog about this or something.
Question for the Mods: What am I supposed to do when I can't make a synopsis 350 words long? (for project recruitment thread) @Shaz @mlogan
The game is meant to be more on the simple side in order to be achievable so I'm a bit stuck...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mur2fer