Help with common event

Arocta

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
first I'd like to say not sure if thread is in right location doing this to get help from reddit (but if someone elses knows the answer that'd be amazing) My issue is that a common event is being called in the intro but I have no idea whyScreenshot (30).png

Attachments

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to MZ Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

It would help if you mentioned what the issue is? And if you want help from Reddit, why post here?

Arocta

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
[MOVE]MZ Support[/MOVE]
It would help if you mentioned what the issue is? And if you want help from Reddit, why post here?
Sorry this was the first place I thought to post images for my problem since reddit was not allowing me to. also the issue is that when I start a new game a common event is called and gives me a random item, but I don't know why it is doing that

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Some ideas:
  • If you change the starting map, save, and test, do you still see this event run?
  • Double-check all your common events (e.g. I notice you have another one named "Random Loot").
  • Could you post a screenshot of the start of the "Welcome to Vendarfin..." event? Maybe you put a Common Event command at the start for testing but forgot to remove it.
  • Are you using any plugins? Does turning them off solve the problem? Maybe one of them is running an event when the game starts.

Zyphli

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you perhaps have the VisuStella Core Engine loaded with the setting to run a new common event on new game?
1601555773706.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please change the names of the common events.
In some places, the common events are displayed by name only and having several common events with the same name will cause you to select the wrong one sooner or later.

CE's with trigger=none have to be called somewhere, they can't activate on their own.
That somewhere can be another event, a skill or a plugin like mentioned above - but it exists somewhere.

And if it is a plugin, that shows you one of the basic rules for plugins:
ALWAYS configure the plugin as soon as it is added, and NEVER ignore any setting on any added plugin even if you don't understand it at first.

Arocta

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Some ideas:
  • If you change the starting map, save, and test, do you still see this event run?
  • Double-check all your common events (e.g. I notice you have another one named "Random Loot").
  • Could you post a screenshot of the start of the "Welcome to Vendarfin..." event? Maybe you put a Common Event command at the start for testing but forgot to remove it.
  • Are you using any plugins? Does turning them off solve the problem? Maybe one of them is running an event when the game starts.
I changed map still did it, I've checked my common events and every event that calls it, the welcome event is labeled "intro" shown in above image, I am using plugins (yanflys sample of 10 for MZ) after disabling them all it stopped after turning on only the core it came back

Arocta

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Do you perhaps have the VisuStella Core Engine loaded with the setting to run a new common event on new game?
View attachment 162494
Sir (only calling you sir based on your profile pic) you did it thats the problem thank you so much, I'm still new to this (only have about 10 days under the belt) so I didn't even know I could change settings in the settings of the plugin settings. Thank you so much

Arocta

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Please change the names of the common events.
In some places, the common events are displayed by name only and having several common events with the same name will cause you to select the wrong one sooner or later.

CE's with trigger=none have to be called somewhere, they can't activate on their own.
That somewhere can be another event, a skill or a plugin like mentioned above - but it exists somewhere.

And if it is a plugin, that shows you one of the basic rules for plugins:
ALWAYS configure the plugin as soon as it is added, and NEVER ignore any setting on any added plugin even if you don't understand it at first.
Those two will only be called for the first little bit of the game. So I don't expect to be using them to much in the future, as the part of the game that calls them is almost finished up. But I wont have future events named as close since that is only for such a small amount of the game I did it really quick. And it WAS the plugin, I'm VERY new about 10 days of using it, so I had no idea I could mess with the plugin settings like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Took the kids to a corn maze. They gave us a map and had lights at certain points in the maze. Not overwhelming... or underwhelming... just... whelming.
Okay, vacuuming fruit flies out of the air is surprisingly effective.
Finally finished my menu redesign after like a month of coding! I hate designing menus... Good news though - I thought of a complete redesign for it now, so yay...
Still no scam calls all day... also I got a quick gig designing a mascot drawing for a small business, so I might actually make some green of my own after all. That would be a perfect job for me, since I love art and digital design.
Job concerns. Love where I work, but I have severe anxiety while I'm outside at night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RewSYso