Help With Concept Clarification.

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by ZeuroMiller, Mar 27, 2014.

1. ZeuroMiller

ZeuroMiller Villager Member

First Language:
    Japanese
    Hi again, everyone. I am currently working with my first game. It won't be my dream game but i'll put my best.

I have played many action rpgs and rpgs with world maps. Somehow i don't dig the Idea of a Map where you are bigger than towns. I thought of making many maps of towns, forests an streets like in action rpg's or as in Pokemon(I love that Game), where you leave one town, enter a street continue and reach a different town.

Can anyone explain if this is possible and what changes or things do i have to do in order to achieve this. Also can I omit this World map without editing the script. I don't want an action rpg, i'll have the battle the usual way. i only want to edit map.

Thanks In advance. :)   :D   B)   BD

2. C-C-C-Cashmere (old)

C-C-C-Cashmere (old) Resident Weirdo Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Do you know how to change tilesets? You can change tilesets to different tilesets such as Dungeon, Exterior, or Interior, and begin mapping with those instead of the world map tileset. Then you can link these maps together using "Teleport" events. Tell me if you understand these terms.

3. ZeuroMiller

First Language:
    Japanese
    Thanks for replying. I know these terms and have already done these things. I only want to know whether we can do this and omit the world map without changing the script or not.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
  4. C-C-C-Cashmere (old)

C-C-C-Cashmere (old) Resident Weirdo Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yes. You don't have to create a world map. All you need to do is link exterior/dungeon maps together in a seamless world using teleport instances. Plenty of games have done it. In fact, it's getting rarer to use the world map.

So you just create two maps, and create teleport events from one side to the other. You can link maps into one great collage.

Edit: Oh, do you mean making a map seamlessly integrated with all the maps around it? So that you don't notice the change between maps?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
    ZeuroMiller likes this.
  5. ZeuroMiller

First Language:
    Japanese
    Thanks, No i didn't mean that. I am still new so hopefully i will make something small with 6hour gameplay.

Anyways Thanks a ton. Now i can go back to game designing!!!

C-C-C-Cashmere (old) likes this.
  6. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You don't have to have a 'world map', you can create anything you want. Maps are standalone, and are only connected with each other if you connect them by using a 'transfer player' command.

Try some beginner tutorials and get familiarized with the engine :)