Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonrabbit

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
So I'm trying to make it so that when the player transfers to a certain room that has a baby, a BGS will play of the baby crying. If you choose to kill the baby, upon re-entering the room, the BGS won't play. If you don't kill the baby the BGS will play when you re-enter.

Right now I have it set up like below. I enter the room the first time, the BGS plays without a problem. If I trigger the event where the baby is killed, and then leave and re-enter a room, again there's no problem - the first part of the conditional branch, the player transfers to the room and there's no BGS playing.

However, if I don't activate that event (i.e. choose not to kill the baby), and then leave and come back, I get the same result as if I had activated the event - the BGS isn't playing upon re-entry.

Is there something I'm screwing up? Right now I have a separate conditional branch under the "Else" branch but I've also tried it by not creating a separate conditional branch there and it's the same result.

Attachments

• EVOO1 Page 1.png
    EVOO1 Page 1.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 6
  • EVOO1 Page 2.png
    EVOO1 Page 2.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 5

crimsonrabbit

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
And just as soon as I posted this I realized my error: The switch for the baby's death event had to be set to Off in order to activate the Else branch of the conditional branch. What a headache.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You are using TWO switches instead of one.
Make one, named Infant Dead.
Set it to OFF
If you kill the child in the option, you turn this Switch ON

Conditional Branch Infant Dead = OFF
Play Sound

Just read your double post you ninja! Try not double posting since it is against the rules. ;)

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working in the IT industry:
- "How long does it take?".
- "It takes 1 month".
- "What if we add more people to the project?".
- "It would take 2 months".
Doing RPG Maker News for 16th September 2021

Stream is live! I am currently doing pixel art and will be practicing shading! Feel free to drop by!
wow, Surface Tension is really one MF of an FPS level huh
So, I got let go from my current job because my skill set didn't align with the department's goals anymore. I have some hope, because I am currently in contact with a manager from a different department, and they are desperate for more employees. We'll see what happens... :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sedenho93