Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In this event the secretary asks the player to wait for 5 minutes because the high priest is busy. Thus begins the control timer event. In the meantime if the player gets impatient attempts to go up the stairs the secretary warns him not to do so. If the player keeps trying to go up they forfeit the reward they might get if they waited. If the player successfully waits for five minutes her warnings should disappear and female should walk from upstairs. If the player becomes impatient and goes upstairs they see the high priest chasing around some girl. How would I set this up. I will share all pictures of what I've done so far.

MrKiwi

No Flying Bird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I hope I got this right...

Whenever the player tries to go up use a variable to count how many attemps the player does, so lets say the first 5 time you get a warning, but after that you can go up, and see the scene.

Otherwise, set up a parallel event with a conditional branch for the timer at 0:00, that will be checking if the time runs out and then proceed as pretended.

I hope this helps you :)

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
for a visual timer and position, you can use SRD_TimerUpgrade if I call correctly.
for attempting go upstairs, use a variable, and use timer switch when its on, you can warnings,
when it's OFF, you can go upstairs safely.

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok I'm going to look into all these things. I've never used variables before. Ok, but if the player actually waits the girl shouldn't be upstairs being chased by the high priest. I got it. I just had to use a conditional branch with a else branch included on the floor with the high priest thanks guys.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well... it’s been a real pain in the IRS today. :/
My kitty still young (3-4 months), I think I could teach her some funny tricks... like: "Play dead-ly good music for my games"
Here's a quality DPS class idea: The Beekeeper, who uses the "Bees!!" skill to attack and poison enemies.
Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.
What if I took a lesson from Half Minute Hero? Let the player get dumb powerful each area, but reset them down to just slightly stronger than before for the next map?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackPlague