alltheyuriz

The Question Asker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What is the best method to get my old game off my old computer and keep editing it in MZ it's an MV so im not sure how I should go about it! Thanks for your help sorry i haven't been around I had a lot of trouble last year

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can't edit an MV project in MZ - not unless you convert it to MZ and that has problems of its own.

other than that, you simply copy the project directory to your new computer, install MV on the new computer and open it the same way as ever.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think that's correct. I've seen videos of people opening their MV projects in MZ to use the features of the latter's map editor.

I believe you simply create a new project in MZ, close the software, then copy your existing project into that folder. A brief Google revealed these instructions:

Note that if you want to keep using MZ moving forward, you will have to go through all of the plugins you have to check whether they work for both engines, or have new versions in MZ - do not presume any will work.

For the actual moving of the game...it's just as Andar said. Your game project is all the stuff in one directory, so you just copy that folder via a USB stick, Google Drive, whatever.

alltheyuriz

The Question Asker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Andar so basically copy everything into the correct folder and just recreate my maps based on the way my mv was set up? That would be easiest right

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MZ Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

General Lounge is for non game dev related topics.

Also, in the future, please give your threads titles relevant to the topic.

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar so basically copy everything into the correct folder and just recreate my maps based on the way my mv was set up? That would be easiest right
No, you shouldn't have to recreate a thing. As long as everything is in the right place, just open the project up as normal.

alltheyuriz

The Question Asker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Sword_of_Dusk that's the problem it's not letting me open the file it says there is no file there to open

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it says there is no file there to open
then either you made a mistake with the conversion process, or you tried to convert a deployed game instead of the project directory. the project file is always in the project directory, but it is intentionally removed from deployed games.

alltheyuriz

The Question Asker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Okay can I have a step by step on the conversion process cause im super dumb and have no idea how to do this at all maybe screen shots too if you can add them ;n;

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you look at the video and forum thread that I posted for you? o_O

Make a project in MZ - we'll call it ProjectMZ.

Go to your original project folder. Press Ctrl+A, to select everything. Press Ctrl+C to copy it. Go to your ProjectMZ folder and press Ctrl+V to paste everything in.

There are additional steps in the thread I posted if you want it to use the MZ animation system - copying everything as I described will copy your project exactly as it was, including the animations, but you won't be able to use the animations portion of the database to edit them.

alltheyuriz

The Question Asker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Did you look at the video and forum thread that I posted for you? o_O

Make a project in MZ - we'll call it ProjectMZ.

Go to your original project folder. Press Ctrl+A, to select everything. Press Ctrl+C to copy it. Go to your ProjectMZ folder and press Ctrl+V to paste everything in.

There are additional steps in the thread I posted if you want it to use the MZ animation system - copying everything as I described will copy your project exactly as it was, including the animations, but you won't be able to use the animations portion of the database to edit them.
Oh I didn't see that in the video thank you though

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

[My favorite slow moving track I've made so far]
dd_airport2.jpgdd_combat.jpg
dd_town.jpg
I did an experiment to try to solve the art style problem between RTP and 3D models.
But, it feels this grimdark world is going to end even faster. :kaoswt2:
Solovei wrote on caethyril's profile.
Hi, just wanted to say, thank you for helping me fix that event with the step count! I followed your example exactly and it works now:kaojoy:
still waiting for original character contest 3 bust/face dlc release :kaoluv:
Stimpaks and More.png
Continued work. Still a WIP, some need some retouching. Stimpak, Radaway, Psycho, Jet, Mentats, Medex(ish/needs to be purple), bloodpack, glowing bloodpack. Made some Nuka too. Need to make Rad-X.
Nuka Sheet WIP FR.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucarioKaze