Help With Creating A Chakra Based System And Ninjutsu Esque techniques

Gondiman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I already made a skill type named Chakra.
what im looking to do is find a better way to create animations for the techniques i want to make.
lets say Rasengan, I can make the animations that hit the target but its not all i need.
im looking to make an animation that begins with the Actor charging his attack rushing to his target and jabbing it into him, but i cant find how to do that. all i see is the animation for the target hit.
I appreciate the help.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you'll need a plugin for action sequences if you want to move the actor sprite like that, and such a plugin would also be able to give you the other options.

without a plugin, you can only place a 3-frame-animation in the battler sheet of the actor and combine that with a regilar animation on the target. But that is also limited by not being able to assign the actor animation directly, you would for example have one chanting animation for all magic skills.

Gondiman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
okay. so could u point me to a place i can find explanations on plugins? i tried instaling some but they seemed super complicated.
thank u ^^
also, do u know of a place i can copy items and skills?
that would be alot of help!^^

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i tried instaling some but they seemed super complicated.
I hope you don't take this wrong, but if you already have problems just with installing and configuring plugins, then you'll have much more problems with programming action sequences - that is at least two levels of complexity above configuring most plugins.

There are tutorials for using plugins, here in the forum and on the official blog linked on top of the site and several other places. I don't have the links, but that is because they are easy to find with just a bit of searching.
We can even help you, but that requires specific questions like "I've done this to step six, but don't understand what is described in step seven" - no one can help with a vague "that is too complex for me"...

But plugins are easy to use if you just follow the steps on your own. Or as I always say:
Reading or watching a tutorial is ALWAYS a waste of time for EVERYONE.
You need to work through the tutorial by doing each step of the tutorial in your own scrap project, because most of the questions solve themselves if you just do what is said instead of trying to understand it without making those steps.

SirCumferance

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was doing something similar in MV, but trying my hand at MZ, and got a Ninja as well, so would be cool to see
For me, I have different colored Chakra, and each is a State
My plan is to have skills show up if the right States are on user, then using the skill erases the States.
Its one of the last classes and havent gotten there yet, still figuring out how to add a state to attacker in the damage formula, like in the MV days, lol

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

One feature that I'm missing is the ability to see Who is viewing a topic...

It was kinda nice to 'see' some faces, even if they don't say anything.
unnamed_image.jpg
SOMEONE'S SINGLE! HE DOES LIKE ALL GENDERS! SADLY, HE HAS NO NUMBER TO NOTE OF BECAUSE HE HAS NO USE FOR A PHONE, BECUASE SUMMONING WORKS MUCH BETTER AND DOES NOT COME WITH AN ITEMISED BILL.
I just found out that MZ regional price on Steam in my place is much cheaper than MV.
Our water started to work again, now i don't have to fill up our toilet with water again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alessandrochiper