Help with Creating Custom Window

Themexicanspider

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I am making a Final Fantasy game of my own (non profit of course) and I wanted to implement an "Archive" of the sorts.

Basically, ingame you could pick up collectables and in your menu you could access them and each would give a description of them and maybe even a picture of the item that you picked up.

On top of that, in the same menu I would like a slider or even an equip slot for in game music. In the game you would collect copies of old Final Fantasy video games; in the menu if you equipped them it would change the battle music, travel music, ect.

Im sure i will have to create a plugin but I was just curious if anyone had a tutorial to recommend me or even a simpler way of doing so. I already have all the necessary files for music and artifact pictures but I do not have the means to implement them. I also am using Yanfly Main Menu Manager plugin so I already have a slot for the "Archive" option.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. I have coded my own games in the past but never in Java; so the syntax is kinda hard to work with lol.

Thank you all! I hope I posted in the right location for this kind of help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can the Eternal Dreamers finish off the final boss? We'll see!
Fekken kill me. I unknowingly swapped out two important events's codes and saved the game to test it. I'm just doing this for fun and the fun has now been replaced with excruciating torture.
Is this how game developers feel all the time?

EDIT:
WAIT HOLY S***
MY LAST POST ASKING FOR HELP ON AN EVENT ACTUALLY SAVED IT
OH MY GOD
Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
I was making a cutscene where Hero's dad got killed by the dragon but when he lose its say game over and send you to the tittle screen. How can remove game over for that cutscene
My new RPG Maker music pack, Emotional: Redemption, is now in progress and will be coming to RPG Maker soon. It is an album that focuses on emotional themes including the darker forms of sorrow and despair. Below is a demo of a composition from the album.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charles2020