NightHerald

little demon child
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Please help  :(

I'm making a night/day cycle with pictures for extra lighting and I'm having trouble getting the pictures to show up right away after you exit a house. I figured the problem was because if you go out between the numbers I set for the day periods (1 hour = day, 6 hours = evening, etc...) the event doesn't know what time of day it is, and waits until it hits the next major number to show the tints and picture. So I included EVERY number from 1 to 21 to see if I was right, and I also changed the setup a bit so Day starts at 1 minute/frame and it worked, but now the pictures are constantly flickering (and my event is a mess...) Could somebody PLEASE tell me a simpler way of getting everything right? There's too much for screenshots, so I uploaded the game file itself so you can see what's going on (It's only 2MB). Please take a look at it if you need more info.

If you do download the file, the common event called "fast time test" is the original where everything works fine except for the house bit, and "Fast Time 2" is where I added all the extra numbers.

I tried resolving this on my own, but I am really tired of this now and would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Demo Download

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This might help

Sorry I personally can't help you, I haven't tried making a day/night system like this myself, but I knew Driftwood gaming made a tutorial on this kind of thing before. He's on the forums too so if you need anymore help you could probably ask him directly.  :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

5704B969-117A-4542-9747-8E59DEF9A646.jpeg
I use this image as a joke with my students. If you are creating a horror game, this would be the perfect, subtle hint to the player that here there be Vampires!
So I managed to scare my chief. Between shifts I had an appointment with my psychiatrist, so prior to it I'd told him "If I ain't coming today, they've kept me there.". Then as I was asleep, my phone died. So I overslept and through the entire time I was unreachable.
I spent so much time toiling in VX Ace frankensteining scripts together only for MV to come along and just... have everything.

The overworld tool system in particular I thought was gonna take me a million years to recreate, but nope. Thanks Moghunter.
Going to go live way earlier than usual tonight, pretty much in 20 minutes, purely because I'm bored. :LZSlol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SH1R0E2