NightHerald

little demon child
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Please help  :(

I'm making a night/day cycle with pictures for extra lighting and I'm having trouble getting the pictures to show up right away after you exit a house. I figured the problem was because if you go out between the numbers I set for the day periods (1 hour = day, 6 hours = evening, etc...) the event doesn't know what time of day it is, and waits until it hits the next major number to show the tints and picture. So I included EVERY number from 1 to 21 to see if I was right, and I also changed the setup a bit so Day starts at 1 minute/frame and it worked, but now the pictures are constantly flickering (and my event is a mess...) Could somebody PLEASE tell me a simpler way of getting everything right? There's too much for screenshots, so I uploaded the game file itself so you can see what's going on (It's only 2MB). Please take a look at it if you need more info.

If you do download the file, the common event called "fast time test" is the original where everything works fine except for the house bit, and "Fast Time 2" is where I added all the extra numbers.

I tried resolving this on my own, but I am really tired of this now and would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Demo Download

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This might help

Sorry I personally can't help you, I haven't tried making a day/night system like this myself, but I knew Driftwood gaming made a tutorial on this kind of thing before. He's on the forums too so if you need anymore help you could probably ask him directly.  :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Got sick and had to take a few days off work in order to get tested and make sure it wasn't the big one. Felt a lot better today and thought to myself, "Hey now, I can't get tested until tomorrow anyway, I can get so much character art done today!"
....I watched Youtube and browsed this site for hours instead.
>.>
But at least I'm doing the art now! Yaaaaay.......
1638314262144.png
Didn't wanna spam the feed by posting Denzel's spritelayer separae, but I'm real happy with how this concept is coming along so wanted to share it, innit :D
EVXA wrote on Avery's profile.
Not sure how often you take time to play the games sent to you, but if you could give my game a shout & review on steam maybe that would be amazing, only if you like the game of course, I'd love to know which games have been your favorites over the years too.
I'm seeing my god daughter's school play next week. Being the mild agoraphobe I am this makes me nervous. Thus I had a dream that it was actually a plot by my best friend to take me clubbing at an establishment where it is customary to throw a harpoon at staff members to reward good service.
Praise be to the game make!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luphelia