Help with death animation

soraki543

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys, does anyone have any idea of how to do a death animation/cutscene?To make things clear, I am making a horror game , so I would like to have a better idea of how to do it...for example a sprite appears and attacks you, then appears the cutscene of that sprite killing you.My game doesnt have any battle system .I am thinking about how to make the player and that sprite(humanoid or object) interact in that way.Is it a sprite event?do peopple draw it and then put it on the map? Maybe I am guessing the wrong approach to the cutscene, in any case , thanks for your help, i will check the replies ,if any,haha .

Alador

The Mage of Mythix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are two ways I would go about this. One, I would use an event to move the player and the sprite that is doing the killing using movement routes and such, or I would animate a video of that and pop it into my game using the movie function. If you're not particularly skilled at animating, I would recommend the event method as it's easier.:LZSsmile:

soraki543

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are two ways I would go about this. One, I would use an event to move the player and the sprite that is doing the killing using movement routes and such, or I would animate a video of that and pop it into my game using the movie function. If you're not particularly skilled at animating, I would recommend the event method as it's easier.:LZSsmile:
And after it, how do I simulate that the killer is stabbing the player?, for example, thats an interaction of two "objects".If by animating you mean continuous images , I think ...I might be able to do it, though ,I dont know how to import it to the game(using the movie function), could you tell me more about it?,haha.Thanks :)

Alador

The Mage of Mythix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, so if you're going the animation route, you need some sort of animation software. Then, you need to save the animation as two video files, an mp4 and another one I can't remember, and you need to make it a specific size (i.e. 500x 500) but I can't remember the size you need.

soraki543

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, so if you're going the animation route, you need some sort of animation software. Then, you need to save the animation as two video files, an mp4 and another one I can't remember, and you need to make it a specific size (i.e. 500x 500) but I can't remember the size you need.
I see, lets say that I meet the requirements , then, how to import it to the rpg maker mv editor? , or how to make the game open the mp4 file in the specific moment?, thanks for your fast replies. :)

Alador

The Mage of Mythix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Import your animation video into your project's movies folder. Then, in an event, use the show movie command and select your animation clip from the list.

soraki543

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Import your animation video into your project's movies folder. Then, in an event, use the show movie command and select your animation clip from the list.
I found the information , it's .webm (for pc) and .mp4(for mobile) . I will see what I can do. Thanks, Alador :)

Alador

The Mage of Mythix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No problem!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I started to paint again after it didn't fit my female character. (I really intend to draw women)

I was more focused on female characters than men.

Score Rundown for the demo I'm trying to get done before Halloween, Or around it. Ending is based on your score currently.
Oh goooood, why am putting so many skills into my game AAAAAAAAAAAA!
Stream will be live shortly with some pixel art! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeoLightningProductions