kattongues

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! I hope this is the right thread. im trying my best to navigate to the correct threads so sorry if this was posted in the wrong place :kaoeh:

I've been slowly learning coding as I go about making this game and some things have been making sense as far as eventing goes, but I keep running into blocks when it comes to customizing... I can't seem to figure out how to modify my menu more. I have the Yanfly Menu Manager as well at the ItemCore/Caregories plugins, but I cant seem to find a way to get rid of the stat box that appears when you select an item. I even tested a couple other different custom menu plugins, but the stat box still appears and I can't find where to remove it.

I'm story telling with a horror concept, so I really have no need for armor, weapons, health...etc. Just basic items, and some key items. Below i provided a screenshot to show what I mean.

ahhh.PNG

I have looked everywhere in the plugin and played with different settings within the code as trial/error, but i cant seem to figure out how to get rid of this window. All I really want to show up for items is a the enlarged picture, and a description. So essentially, put the description box where the stat box is instead. So it shows the enlarged candy corn icon with the details of the item to the right. I really just cant wrap my head around where I would go to delete this stat box and move the description box in its place. I've figured out how to get rid of other things, except for this.

I also have the issue where when i try to use an item, lets say I'm reading a note, the actor choice/stats come up before i use the item. (I'm able to successfully get the note picture to appear using eventing, so that is no issue, but i dont want this screen to occur before hand at all.) Since there will be only one player, I dont need these slots, nor do i need the stats. I just want to be able to click on the item and use it like normal without having to select my character first or being brought to this screen (shown below)

Sorry that these are basic questions with, im sure, an easy solution. i just cant find the line of code to change this. I'm getting the hang of eventing, but trying to customize has been a headache :kaosigh: I know there is something within the code that I am missing, I'm just not sure where....

If anyone can help guide me on how to do these things using the Yanfly plugins i mentioned, or adding a corresponding plugin, I would greatly appreciate it!!! :kaodes: I tried googling before coming here, but haven't really been able to find what I'm looking for.

nahhhhh.PNG

kattongues

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i have been searching for a solution for hours. someone please help me out ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

ovate

tale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Last edited:

kattongues

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you intend to make a game without any combat/ battle elements. Maybe try Non-Combat Menu?
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/non-combat-menu.56344/

You can set necessary menu commands for your game since this plugin is customizable/ configurable.

Edit:

You can remove the stats window with Graphical Design Mode plugin and move description window.
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/graphical-design-mode.115531/
thank you! I'm going to try this out <3

kattongues

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
omg wow i was really wanting there to be a plugin where you can just grab and drag without all the coding to change layouts and I couldnt find anything like that. I thought it didnt exist. You struck gold with this one. Thank you sooooo much!!!! :kaopride:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My new 49" monitor has been dispatched from the warehouse. Will it arrive tomorrow? The day after? I love that we can track packages now, even if it does only tell me when it's left that end and when it's arrived at the local centre. As long as it doesn't end up in Melbourne again, which has happened before ...
My friend's doing a surprise stream of my game Origin Hunt on Twitch here ! Feel free to stop by :yhappy:
Me, designing it a long time ago: Having an optional boss fight as a random chance to trigger when you fish in a certain spot with a certain type of bait is fun! Cool idea!
Me, trying to playtest everything again: oh god just let me see the boss, my bag is so full of fish!
both love and pain have no boundaries

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfilez