Help with Display Text on Variable Condition

Lord Balen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm trying to get a message to show when a variable reaches certain values.
I've tried creating a parallel event, but it just repeats itself constantly once the condition is met.
I'd like a different message to display every time the variable increases by 1.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Activate a self switch after displaying the message, and create an empty event page on the next page (second page) with that self switch as a page condition. That way it will stop running the first page of the event. Problem is you can only do this 4 times since there are only 4 self switches. The alternative is doing it with switches instead of self switches.

Lord Balen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ah! Nevermind, I found a solution:
I set an event that turns ON when the variable increases, and the message turns that Event OFF.

Lord Balen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Activate a self switch after displaying the message, and create an empty event page on the next page (second page) with that self switch as a page condition. That way it will stop running the first page of the event. Problem is you can only do this 4 times since there are only 4 self switches. The alternative is doing it with switches instead of self switches.
Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The universe does not want me to do another letsplay it seems... I keep bumping into problem after problem... Oh well. Still have several days to sort them out.
I now have something new to learn. Lesson suggestions?
Finally with a new PC! Now I can do nice things both coding and gaming
nvidia release the IA paint to lsd landscape simulator
i just try , it very fun
"If the lion knew her own strength, hard were it for anyone to rule her". This would be my custom title if I had enough spaces for it. Coming off of personal pain, I'm glad I found the original quote I've tweaked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
negajo