Help with Editing a script

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by Otto, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Otto

Otto Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Engilsh
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Howdy,
    Just yesterday I almost accidentally found a script for a Resident Evil-like menu, with limited inventory, combining, etc... and I need help with some editing, mostly three issues, the first is critical and the other two are just a plus.

The script was a little messy, I don't even know the author because it wasn't signed, and was only partially translated from portoguese to english: here's how it looked like when I first imported the script:

upload_2018-8-9_19-57-10.png
    *screen from an older version of my project

Even tho I'm a long time rpg maker user (started with rm2000 and mostly used 2003), when it comes to RGSS I know just enough to barely recognize my a$$ from my elbow, as long as you don't put a hole on my elbow, just to use a colorful example :p .

Also I can speak english ok but I don't know a single word of portoguese, anyway, after installing the script in a brand new project and messing around with it, I was able to make the inventory look the way I wanted:

upload_2018-8-9_20-23-12.png

Windowskin and font are temporary but that's not the problem, that empty box under the inventory box should display the name of the highlighted item, but those of you with a keen eye might I have noticed, it doesn't show anything :(

Basically what I have done is, edit a certain line from this:
    Code:
    @help_window = RE_Window_Help.new()
    to this:
    Code:
    @help_window = Window_Help.new()
    in order to take the help window from the basic tool's script rather than make this script create its own, because the help window from this particular script was messed up (for some reason item description would all stick on one line and basically loop around the screen, messing up the text), and i modified this part:

Code:
    #==============================================================================
    # ** Window_Help
    #------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #  Esta janela exibe explicação de habilidades e itens e outras informações.

class RE_Window_Help < Window_Base
      #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
      # * Inicialização do objeto
      #     line_number : número de linhas
      def initialize(line_number = 3)
        super(0, 150, 345, Graphics.height - 150)
      end
      # * Configuração de texto
      #     text : texto
      def set_text(text)
        if text != @text
          @text = text
          refresh
        end
      end
      # * Limpeza
      def clear
        set_text("")
      end
      # * Definição de item
      #     item : habilidades, itens, etc.
      def set_item(item)
        set_text(item ? item.description : "")
        @item = item
      end
      # * Renovação
      def refresh
        contents.clear
        if @item != nil

draw_text(5, 70, 150, 50, RE_MENU::Help_desc)
          draw_text(5, 100, 300, 100, @text)
          draw_text(5, 0 , 350, 50, RE_MENU::Help_name + @item.name)
        end

end
    end
    into this:

Code:
    # ** Window_Help

class RE_Window_Iname < Window_Base
      def initialize(line_number = 1)
        super(268, 252, 207, 48) # Graphics.height - 384) OTTO
      end

def set_text(text)
        if text != @text
          @text = text
          refresh
        end
      end
      # * Limpeza
      def clear
        set_text(" ")
      end
      # * Definição de item
      def set_item(item)
        set_text(item ? item.description : " ")
        @item = item
      end

# * Renovação
      def refresh
        contents.clear
        if @item != nil
          #draw_text(5, 70, 150, 50, RE_MENU::Help_desc)
    #~       draw_text(5, -12, 640, 100, @text)
          draw_text(0, 0 , 207, 48, @item.name) #RE_MENU::Help_name + @item.name)
        end

end
    end
    and basically made the former help window into my own lttile name box, and like I said, the box is there, the item name is not.
    This is where my small knowledge pretty much ends: I basically cloned some script lines that refered to the creation and update/refresh of the old help window and modified them to work with the Iname window (which stands for Item name, in my head lol) but clearly I'm doing it wrong since all I get is a big fat CRASH as soon as I open the menu, in game.

upload_2018-8-9_20-56-55.png

dan dan daaaaaaaaan (<- mortal kombat fatality sound)

So, yes, jokes aside my first and most important request is: How can I prevent the crash and show the item name in the box?

Also, since I'm here, there's a small, second issue: the item combine system; wile the system itself works flawlessly, there is a small visual/practical issue that I would like to get rid of: basically when i press OK (enter/spacebar/whatever) on the second Item (after selecting the combine option on one item), the Use/Combine window appears again and I have to select combine again. I would like to bypass this part and go directly to the part where the script checks if the combination is possible or not.

Finally, third Issue: around line 235 I commented out the original string and put this instead: 8 + $game_variables[14]

this is to control how many spaces you have in the inventory, I set it to 8 basic, plus the ability to expand it with a variable, so far so good, however I would like the original string (@data ? @data.size : 1 - which I think means "I'll highlight as many item as you have" *lol*) to be true for the Files menu (which are basically a key items) since there is no limit to how many files you can carry with you.

Here's the full script with my editing (under spoiler):
    Code:
    # ** Scene_Menu
    module RE_MENU

# ENGLISH
      # * how to create a recipe
      # * place Reciepe[a] = [b, c, d]
      # * a is a crescent number
      # * b and c are the items that will be combined
      # * d is the end item
      # PORTUGUES   
      # * receitas de combinações de itens
      # * coloque Reciepe[a] = [b, c, d] sendo
      # * a o valor crescente da receita de 1 a sla quantos
      # * b e c o valor dos intens da receitas que vam combinar
      # * d o item que será formado apartir dos outrs

Recipe = {}
      Recipe[1] = [12, 13 , 14]
      Recipe[2] = [1, 1, 2]
      #Recipe[3] = [13, 16, 17]
      #Recipe[4] = [15, 14, 17]
      #Recipe[5] = [12, 12, 18]
      #Recipe[6] = [12, 18, 19]
      # vocabulary
      Equip = " "
      Discard = " "
      Combine = "Combine"
      Use = "Use"
      Equip = "EQ: "
      Inventary = "Item"
      Key_itens = "Files"
      Help_desc = " "
      Help_name = " "
      Maps = "Maps"

# * Combine sond
      def self.playcombine
          Sound.play_use_item
      end

end

# ** Window_Help

end

def set_text(text)
        if text != @text
          @text = text
          refresh
        end
      end
      # * Limpeza
      def clear
        set_text(" ")
      end
      # * Definição de item
      def set_item(item)
        @item = item
      end

# * Renovação
      def refresh
        contents.clear
        if @item != nil
          draw_text(0, -12 , 207, 48, @item.name) #RE_MENU::Help_name + @item.name)
        end

end
    end

# ** Window_MenuCommand
    #  Esta janela exibe os comandos do menu.
    class MenuCommand < Window_HorzCommand
      # * Inicialização da posição do comando de seleção (método da classe)
      def self.init_command_position
        @@last_command_symbol = nil
      end
      def initialize
        super(268, 72)
      end
      # * Aquisição da largura da janela
      def window_width
        return 372
      end

def window_height
      end
      # * Aquisição do número de linhas exibidas
      def col_max
        return 4
      end
      #def visible_line_number
       # 3
      #end
      # * Criação da lista de comandos
      def make_command_list
        add_main_commands
        add_map_command
        add_game_end_command
      end
      # * Adição dos comandos principais
      def add_main_commands
        add_command(RE_MENU::Inventary,   :item,   main_commands_enabled)
        add_command(RE_MENU::Key_itens, :key_item, main_commands_enabled)
      end

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------
      # not sure wtf im doing lol #OTTO
      def add_map_command
        add_command(RE_MENU::Maps, :maps, main_commands_enabled) #OTTO
      end
      #--------------------------------------

# * Definição de habilitação dos comandos principais
      def main_commands_enabled
        $game_party.exists
      end
      # * Adição do comando de fim do jogo
      def add_game_end_command
        add_command(Vocab::game_end, :game_end)
      end
      # * Definição de resultado ao pressionar o botão de confirmação
      def process_ok
        @@last_command_symbol = current_symbol
        super
      end
      # * Definição da janela de itens
      #     item_window : janela de itens
      def item_window=(item_window)
        @item_window = item_window
        @item_window.category = current_symbol
      end
    end

class Window_ItemList < Window_Selectable
      attr_accessor :iname_window  #Thanks TheoAllen
      #     x      : coordenada X
      #     y      : coordenada Y
      #     width  : largura
      #     height : altura
      def initialize(x, y, width, height)
        super(268, 120, 207, 132)
        @category = :none
        @data = []
      end
      # * Definição de categoria
      def category=(category)
        return if @category == category
        @category = category
        refresh
        self.oy = 0
      end
      # * Aquisição do número de colunas
      def col_max
        return 4
      end

# * Aquisição do número máximo de itens
      def item_max
       case @category
        when :item
         8  + $game_variables[14]
        when :key_item
         @data ? @data.size : 1
        else
       end
      end

#~   def item_max
    #~    #8 + $game_variables[14]
    #~     @data ? @data.size : 1 #Max Inventory Slot? Can I use variable? #OTTO
    #~   end
      # * Aquisição do espaçamento entre os itens
      def spacing
        return 4
      end

# * Aquisição de altura do item
      def item_height
      end
      # * Aquisição das informações do item
      def item
        @data && index >= 0 ? @data[index] : nil
      end
      # * Definição de habilitação de seleção
      def current_item_enabled?
        enable?(@data[index])
      end
      # * Inclusão do item na lista
      #     item : item
      def include?(item)
        case @category
          item.is_a?(RPG::Item) && !item.key_item? #or item.is_a?(RPG::Weapon)
          item.is_a?(RPG::Item) && item.key_item?
        else
          false
        end
      end
      # * Definição de itens disponíveis para uso
      def usable?(item)
        if item.is_a?(RPG::Weapon)
          return true
        else
          return $game_party.usable?(item)
        end
        return false

end
      # * Definição de habilitação do item
      def enable?(item)
        #$game_party.usable?(item)
        return true
      end
      # * Criação da lista de itens
      def make_item_list
        @data = $game_party.all_items.select {|item| include?(item) }
        @data.push(nil) if include?(nil)
      end
      # * Retorno à seleção anterior

def select_last
        select(@data.index($game_party.last_item.object) || 0)
      end
      # * desenhar o item

def draw_item_name(item, x, y, enabled = true, width = 80)
        return unless item
        draw_icon(item.icon_index, x + 10, y + 6, enabled)
        change_color(normal_color, enabled)
    #~     draw_text(x + 5, y + 50, width, line_height, item.name)
      end
      # * Desenho de um item
      #     index : índice do item
      def draw_item(index)
        item = @data[index]

if item
          rect = item_rect(index)
          rect.width -= 4
          draw_item_name(item, rect.x , rect.y, true)
          rect.y -= 20
          draw_item_number(rect, item) 
        end
      end

# * Desenho do número de itens possuido
      #     rect : retângulo
      def draw_item_number(rect, item)
        draw_text(rect, sprintf(" %2d", $game_party.item_number(item)), 2) #unless it has some tag in the notes??
      end
      # * Atualização da janela de ajuda
      def update_help
        @help_window.set_item(item)
        @help_window.refresh
        return unless @iname_window
        @iname_window.set_item(item)
        @iname_window.refresh
      end

# * Update Item Name #OTTO
    #~   def update_iname
    #~     @iname_window.set_item(item)
    #~     @iname_window.refresh
    #~   end

# * Renovação
      def refresh
        make_item_list
        create_contents
        draw_all_items
        update_help
    #~     update_iname
      end
    end

class Comand_itens < Window_Command
      def initialize
        super(168, 120)
        refresh
      end
      def window_width
        return 100
      end
      def window_height
        return 76
      end
      def activeCombine=(active)
        @activecombine = active
      end
      def usename=(name)
        @usename = name
      end
      def activeCombine
        return @activecombine
      end
      def usename
        return @usename
      end
      def important=(value)
        @important = value
      end
      def important
        return @important
      end
      def isuse=(value)
        @isuse = value
      end
      def isuse
        return @isuse
      end
      def make_command_list
        add_command(usename,   :usar,   isuse)
        add_command(RE_MENU::Combine,  :combine,  activeCombine)
    #~     add_command(RE_MENU::Discard,  :discart,  important)
      end
    end
    class Scene_Menu < Scene_MenuBase
      # * Inicialização do processo
      def start
        super
        create_Help_window
        create_command_window
        create_item_window
        create_Iname_window
        create_status_window
        create_command_itens
        create_Equip_window
        @iscombine = false
        @actor = $game_party.members[0]
      end

# * Criação da janela de comando
      def create_command_window
        @command_window = MenuCommand.new
        @command_window.set_handler(:item,      method(:command_item))
        @command_window.set_handler(:key_item,      method(:command_item))
        @command_window.set_handler(:game_end,  method(:command_game_end))
        @command_window.set_handler(:cancel,    method(:return_scene))
      end

# * Criação da janela de itens
      def create_item_window
        wy = @command_window.y + @command_window.height + 100
        wh = Graphics.height - wy
        @item_window = Window_ItemList.new(344, wy, 200, wh)
        @item_window.help_window = @help_window
        @item_window.set_handler(:ok,     method(:on_item_ok))
        @item_window.set_handler(:cancel, method(:on_item_cancel))
        @command_window.item_window = @item_window
      end
      # * Criação da janela de comando dos intems
      def create_command_itens
        @command_item = Comand_itens.new
        @command_item.set_handler(:usar,      method(:use_item))
        @command_item.set_handler(:combine,      method(:combine_item))
        @command_item.set_handler(:discart,  method(:discart_item))
        @command_item.set_handler(:cancel,    method(:return_itens))
        @command_item.visible = false
        @command_item.active = false
      end

# * Criação das janelas #Position for Status and Equip #OTTO
      def create_status_window
        @Status_window = Window_Base.new(475,120,165,84)
        @Status_window.contents.clear
    #~     @Status_window.draw_actor_face(@actor, 1, 10)
        @Status_window.draw_text(1, -15 , 120, 48, @actor.name)
        @Status_window.draw_actor_hp(@actor, 0, 32, 120)
      end

def create_Help_window
        @help_window = Window_Help.new() #RE_Window_Help.new()
      end

def create_Iname_window #OTTO
        @ihelp_window = RE_Window_Iname.new()
        @item_window.iname_window = @ihelp_window
      end

def create_Equip_window
        @Equip_window = Window_Base.new(475,204,165,48)
        @Equip_window.contents.clear
        if @actor.equips[0] != nil
          @Equip_window.draw_icon(@actor.equips[0].icon_index, 36, 0, true)
          @Equip_window.draw_text(0, -12 , 120, 48, RE_MENU::Equip)
          #INSERT CURRENT / REMAINING AMMO HERE # OTTO
    #~       @Equip_window.draw_text(10, 40 , 150, 50, @actor.equips[0].name)
        end

end
      def use_item
        if @item.is_a?(RPG::Weapon)
          @actor.change_equip(0,@item)
          Sound.play_equip
        else
          Sound.play_use_item
          @actor.use_item(@item)
          use_item_to_actors

end
        return_itens
        refresh
        check_common_event
      end
      def use_item_to_actors
        $game_party.members.each do |target|
          @item.repeats.times { target.item_apply(@actor, @item) }
        end
      end
      def check_common_event
        if $game_temp.common_event_reserved?
          SceneManager.goto(Scene_Map)
          @iscombine = false
        end
      end
      def combine_item
        if @iscombine == false
          @iscombine = true
          @combineitem = @item
        else
          recipe = RE_MENU::Recipe
          if @combineitem.id == @item.template_id
            if $game_party.item_number(@item) <= 1
              @combineitem = nil
            end
          end
          if @combineitem != nil
            for x in 1..recipe.size
            recipe1 = recipe[x]

if recipe1[0] == @combineitem.template_id and recipe1[1] == @item.template_id
                @iscombine = false
                combineitens(x)
                break
              elsif recipe1[1] == @combineitem.template_id and recipe1[0] == @item.template_id
                @iscombine = false
                combineitens(x)
                break
              end
            end
          end
          if @iscombine == true
            Sound.play_buzzer
              @iscombine = false
          end

end
        refresh
        return_itens

end
      def combineitens(x)
        RE_MENU::playcombine
        $game_party.gain_item(@item, -1, true)
        $game_party.gain_item(@combineitem, -1, true)
        for y in 0..$data_items.size
            novoitem = $data_items[y] if y == RE_MENU::Recipe[x][2]
        end
        $game_party.gain_item(novoitem, 1)
      end
      def discart_item
        return_itens
      end
      def return_itens
        @item_window.active = true
        @item_window.refresh
      end
      # * Item [Confirmação]
      def on_item_ok
        @item = @item_window.item
        if @item != nil
            @command_item.activeCombine = false
            @command_item.usename = RE_MENU::Equip
          else
            @command_item.activeCombine = true
            @command_item.usename = RE_MENU::Use
          end
          if @item.is_a?(RPG::Item) and @item.key_item?
            @command_item.important = false
          else
            @command_item.important = true
          end
          if @item_window.usable?(@item)
            @command_item.isuse = true
          else
            @command_item.isuse = false
          end

@command_item.refresh
          @command_item.visible = true
          @command_item.active = true
        else
          Sound.play_buzzer
        end
        @help_window.set_item(@item)
      end
      # * Item [Cancelamento]
      def on_item_cancel
        @item_window.unselect
        @command_window.activate
        @iscombine = false
      end

# * Comando [Item]
      def command_item
        @item_window.activate
        @item_window.select_last

end
      # Trying to add a Maps command #OTTO
      def command_maps
        SceneManager.call(Scene_Map)
      end
      # * Comando [Fim do Jogo]
      def command_game_end
        SceneManager.call(Scene_End)
      end
      # * Comandos individuais [Cancelamento]
      def on_personal_cancel
        @status_window.unselect
        @command_window.activate
      end

def refresh
        @item_window.refresh
        end
        @Status_window.draw_actor_hp(@actor, 100, 40, 120)
      end
    end

To make it work without crash you have to comment out the following lines:
    355, 356, 357, 358, 368
    otherwise you get the crash error shown in the screenshot.

Thanks in advance to anyone who will look into it, and sorry for the long post.

PS: does anyone know the name of the author? I would like to - at the very least - credit him/her.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  2. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Disclaimer, I didn't read your entire post, I skipped to the error part and looked at the code.
    I saw these code, Tried to search the @iname_window and it never been defined
    Screenshot_359.png
    What are you implying? Is it supposed to be a help window?

Edit: Oh snap, apparently I need to comment out some lines, so nvm.
    I think you were adding some unnecessary information, but ok.

Attached Files:

Otto likes this.
  3. Otto

Otto Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Engilsh
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Not really, but I edited part of the code that was originally designed to create the help window for this menu, which didn't work anyway (wierd text wrapping bug) to instead turn it into a "Show Item Name Window" located under the inventory box, then I "forced" (not sure if it's the correct word, sorry, I don't know much about scripting) the script to load the normal help window that you would find in a standard menu.

The issue is that the Item Name doesn't show up in that box, and the game crashes (unless i comment/delete those lines that I added up)

If you are asking me what was the logic behind the lines that I added... there was none :p
    I'm no scripter, I just went with instinct and various attempts, I was actually amazed that I was able to edit all this stuff before reaching a dead end lol

4. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Here is your hugest mistake.
    Screenshot_361.png
    Change it to this would be fine
    Screenshot_363.png
    Of course you also need to make a method to assign the window itself
    Screenshot_364.png
    Then move the entire update method here
    Screenshot_360.png

Zeriab and Otto like this.
  5. Otto

Otto Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Engilsh
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    IT WORKED!!

upload_2018-8-10_1-40-2.png

That's perfect! Thanks for your help man :)

PS: I recognized your name, you're the man who created the Limited Inventory Script, which I actually use in this very same game (because this menu script does give you the resident evil-ish inventory but doesn't actually prevent you from adding more item than allowed :p )

6. TheoAllen

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Glad it worked. I suffered the same when I was still learning the same as well, it happened on limited inventory, about updating the window that display the slot when the item is changed. Wasn't easy.

Anyway, you probably gonna figure out it yourself if you want to mix my script with this one :p can't vouch if it will works, but idk.

Otto likes this.
  7. Otto

Otto Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Engilsh
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    I'll give it a shot later, 'tho if I'm able to fix Issue #3 I might not need it, because the player technically could never select more slots than he has.

*issue #3:
    (yes I'm shamelessly bumping my own post LOL)

8. A-Moonless-Night

A-Moonless-Night WINTER IS COMING Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    You should be able to do something like:
    Code:
    def item_max
      case @category
        8 + $game_variables[14]
      when :maps
      else
        #blah blah
      end
    end

Otto likes this.
  9. Otto

Otto Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Engilsh
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    I added this:
    Code:
    def item_max
      case @category
        8  + $game_variables[14]
      end
    end
    but unfortunately I got a crash :(

upload_2018-8-10_12-12-37.png

this is the script and the line that the error is refering about:

upload_2018-8-10_12-13-35.png

note: I never actually touched this specific script O:

10. A-Moonless-Night

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Without testing it out for myself, I'm not too sure. Try this instead:
    Code:
    def item_max
      case @category
        8  + $game_variables[14]
      else
      end
    end
    The reason being that if your category is anything other than :item or :key_item, the value will return nil, and you can't add or subtract from nil.

Otto likes this.
  11. Otto

Otto Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Engilsh
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    @A-Moonless-Night

That actually worked!
    Thanks for your help :) :) :)

@Everyone :p

that leaves just one more thing then this case is closed lol

Quote from my first post:
    Also, since I'm here, there's a small, second issue: the item combine system; wile the system itself works flawlessly(*I even managed to make it work alongside the Instance Item because I'm a total badass **no I'm not, I literally guessed it by pure chance LOL), there is a small visual/practical issue that I would like to get rid of: basically when i press OK (enter/spacebar/whatever) on the second Item (after selecting the combine option on one item), the Use/Combine window appears again and I have to select combine again. I would like to bypass this part and go directly to the part where the script checks if the combination is possible or not. (*I also noticed a bug that Turns the hero name Blue after I select Combine for the first time, and leaves it blue untill I exit the menu and reopen it)

I updated the script with all the new modification added:

Code:
    # ** Scene_Menu
    module RE_MENU

# ENGLISH
      # * d is the end item
      # PORTUGUES   

Recipe = {}
      Recipe[2] = [1, 1, 2]
      # vocabulary
      Equip = " "
      Discard = " "
      Combine = "Combine"
      Use = "Use"
      Inventary = "Item"
      Key_itens = "Files"
      Help_desc = " "
      Help_name = " "
      Maps = "Maps"

# * Combine sond
      def self.playcombine
          Sound.play_use_item
      end

end

# ** Window_Help

end

def set_text(text)
        if text != @text
          @text = text
          refresh
        end
      end
      # * Limpeza
      def clear
        set_text(" ")
      end
      # * Definição de item
      def set_item(item)
        @item = item
      end

# * Renovação
      def refresh
        contents.clear
        if @item != nil
        end

end
    end

# ** Window_MenuCommand
      end
      def initialize
        super(268, 72)
      end
      def window_width
        return 372
      end

def window_height
      end
      def col_max
        return 4
      end
      #def visible_line_number
       # 3
      #end
      def make_command_list
        add_main_commands
        add_map_command
        add_game_end_command
      end
      def add_main_commands
      end

def add_map_command
      end

$game_party.exists
      end
      def add_game_end_command
      end
      def process_ok
        super
      end
      end
    end

@data = []
      end
      def category=(category)
        @category = category
        refresh
        self.oy = 0
      end
      def col_max
        return 4
      end

def item_max
       case @category
         8  + $game_variables[14]
        else
       end
      end

#~   def item_max
    #~   end
      def spacing
        return 4
      end

def item_height
      end
      def item
      end
        enable?(@data[index])
      end
      def include?(item)
        case @category
        else
          false
        end
      end
      def usable?(item)
          return true
        else
        end
        return false

end
      def enable?(item)
        return true
      end
      def make_item_list
      end

def select_last
      end
      # * desenhar o item

return unless item
      end
      # * Desenho de um item
      def draw_item(index)
        item = @data[index]

if item
          rect = item_rect(index)
          rect.width -= 4
          rect.y -= 20
        end
      end

draw_text(rect, sprintf(" %2d", $game_party.item_number(item)), 2) #unless it has some tag in the notes??
      end
      # * Atualização da janela de ajuda
      def update_help
        @help_window.refresh
        @iname_window.refresh
      end

#~   def update_iname
    #~   end

# * Renovação
      def refresh
        make_item_list
        create_contents
        draw_all_items
        update_help
    #~     update_iname
      end
    end

def initialize
        super(168, 120)
        refresh
      end
      def window_width
        return 100
      end
      def window_height
        return 76
      end
        @activecombine = active
      end
      def usename=(name)
        @usename = name
      end
      def activeCombine
        return @activecombine
      end
      def usename
        return @usename
      end
      def important=(value)
        @important = value
      end
      def important
        return @important
      end
      def isuse=(value)
        @isuse = value
      end
      def isuse
        return @isuse
      end
      def make_command_list
      end
    end
      def start
        super
        create_Help_window
        create_command_window
        create_item_window
        create_Iname_window
        create_status_window
        create_command_itens
        create_Equip_window
        @iscombine = false
      end

end

def create_item_window
      end
      def create_command_itens
      end

def create_status_window
      end

def create_Help_window
      end

end

def create_Equip_window
        end

end
      def use_item
          Sound.play_equip
        else
          Sound.play_use_item
          @actor.use_item(@item)
          use_item_to_actors

end
        return_itens
        refresh
        check_common_event
      end
      def use_item_to_actors
        end
      end
      def check_common_event
          @iscombine = false
        end
      end
      def combine_item
        if @iscombine == false
          @iscombine = true
          @combineitem = @item
        else
              @combineitem = nil
            end
          end
          if @combineitem != nil
            for x in 1..recipe.size
            recipe1 = recipe[x]

@iscombine = false
                combineitens(x)
                break
              elsif recipe1[1] == @combineitem.template_id and recipe1[0] == @item.template_id
                @iscombine = false
                combineitens(x)
                break
              end
            end
          end
          if @iscombine == true
            Sound.play_buzzer
              @iscombine = false
          end

end
        refresh
        return_itens

end
      def combineitens(x)
        end
      end
      def discart_item
        return_itens
      end
      def return_itens
        @item_window.refresh
      end
      # * Item [Confirmação]
      def on_item_ok
        if @item != nil
          else
          end
          else
          end
          else
          end

@command_item.refresh
        else
          Sound.play_buzzer
        end
      end
      # * Item [Cancelamento]
      def on_item_cancel
        @item_window.unselect
        @command_window.activate
        @iscombine = false
      end

# * Comando [Item]
      def command_item
        @item_window.activate
        @item_window.select_last

end
      def command_maps
      end
      def command_game_end
      end
      def on_personal_cancel
        @status_window.unselect
        @command_window.activate
      end

def refresh
        @item_window.refresh
        end
      end
    end

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  12. A-Moonless-Night

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hmm, it's not pretty, but you could do this:
    Code:
    def on_item_ok
        if @item != nil
          if @iscombine && @item.is_a?(RPG::Item) && !@item.key_item?
            combine_item
          else
            else
            end
            else
            end
            else
            end
            @command_item.refresh
          end
        else
          Sound.play_buzzer
        end
      end

Otto likes this.
  13. Otto

Otto Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Engilsh
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Might not be pretty but... IT WORKED!! :D

Thanks again :) that leaves only the "name turning blue" bug but it's not big deal, I'm sure it's just a string here somewhere.

I actually wouldn't mind some "visual" indication, for the player, that I'm combining an item... maybe I'll look for a way to have the icon or the name of the first item appear somewhere, but that's a request for another time I guess... :)

Thanks to Theo Allen and A-Moonless-Night for helping out :)

14. A-Moonless-Night

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I can't really see anything that should change the colour, unless you have another script that alters the menu scene? Anyway, put this before you draw the actor's name and see if that fixes it.
    Code:

Otto likes this.
  15. Otto

Otto Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Engilsh
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    doesn't work :(

i put that string before the two instances in which the script draws the actor name, and I got this crash error:

*cant' post screenshot because of server error, but the crash message says: "undefined local variable or method 'normal_color' for #<scene_menu:0xc2972e4> "

This happens as soon as I open the menu.

16. A-Moonless-Night

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Oh, sorry, didn't realise that was all being drawn in Scene_Menu. That's kinda strange. Try:
    Code:
    @Status_window.change_color(@Status_window.normal_color)

Otto likes this.
  17. Otto

Otto Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Engilsh
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Thanks, it works perfectly now! :D

18. Otto

Otto Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Engilsh
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Sorry to bring this up again, but I just found a new bug, which was probably already part of the script itself, even before I edited (also with big help by Theo and Moonless).

I want some item to be combinable with other instances of the same item, to make a better version of themselves, similar to what you did in Resident Evil by combining two green herbs together (you basically do it to have better healing wile saving inventory slots at the same time).
    In this script it's already possible to use the same ID for both ingredients, however the problem is that I can actually combine one "Green Herb" with itself (literally, I can create a "Double Green Herb" with having only 1 "Green Herb" in the inventory LOL)

Is there a way to fix this?

Here's the script with the most recent modifications:

Code:
    # ** Scene_Menu
    module RE_MENU

# ENGLISH
      # * d is the end item
      # PORTUGUES   

Recipe = {}
      Recipe[2] = [1, 1, 2]
      # vocabulary
      Equip = " "
      Discard = " "
      Combine = "Combine"
      Use = "Use"
      Inventary = "Item"
      Key_itens = "Files"
      Help_desc = " "
      Help_name = " "
      Maps = "Maps"

# * Combine sond
      def self.playcombine
          Sound.play_use_item
      end

end

#OTTO Create Image for Background!!

def create_Image_Background
        $sfondo = Sprite.new
        $sfondo.bitmap = Cache.system("Menu_"+$game_variables[10].to_s)

$sfondo.x = 0
        $sfondo.y = 0
        #$sfondo.z =
        $sfondo.opacity = 255

end

# ** Window_Help now turned into Item Name by Otto

super(268, 252, 207, 48) # Graphics.height - 384) OTTO (252)
      end

def set_text(text)
        if text != @text
          @text = text
          refresh
        end
      end
      # * Limpeza
      def clear
        set_text(" ")
      end
      # * Definição de item
      def set_item(item)
        @item = item
      end

# * Renovação
      def refresh
        contents.clear
        if @item != nil
        end

end
    end

# ** Window_MenuCommand
      end
      def initialize
        super(268, 72)
      end
      def window_width
        return 372
      end

def window_height
      end
      def col_max
        return 4
      end
      #def visible_line_number
       # 3
      #end

def make_command_list
        add_main_commands
        add_map_command
        add_game_end_command
      end
      def add_main_commands
      end

def add_map_command
      end

$game_party.exists
      end
      def add_game_end_command
      end
      def process_ok
        super
      end
      end

end

@data = []
      end
      def category=(category)
        @category = category
        refresh
        self.oy = 0
      end
      def col_max
        return 4
      end

def item_max
       case @category
         8  + $game_variables[14]
        else
       end
      end

#~   def item_max
    #~   end
      def spacing
        return 4
      end

def item_height
      end
      def item
      end
        enable?(@data[index])
      end
      def include?(item)
        case @category
        else
          false
        end
      end
      def usable?(item)
          return true
        else
        end
        return false

end
      def enable?(item)
        return true
      end
      def make_item_list
      end

def select_last
      end
      # * desenhar o item

return unless item
      end
      # * Desenho de um item
      def draw_item(index)
        item = @data[index]

if item
          rect = item_rect(index)
          rect.width -= 4
          rect.y -= 20
        end
      end

end
      # * Atualização da janela de ajuda  #<--- Thanks Theo Allen for help editing
      def update_help
        @help_window.refresh
        @iname_window.refresh
      end

#~   def update_iname
    #~   end

# * Renovação
      def refresh
        make_item_list
        create_contents
        draw_all_items
        update_help
    #~     update_iname
      end

end

def initialize
        super(168, 120)
        refresh
      end

def window_width
        return 100
      end
      def window_height
        return 76
      end
        @activecombine = active
      end
      def usename=(name)
        @usename = name
      end
      def activeCombine
        return @activecombine
      end
      def usename
        return @usename
      end
      def important=(value)
        @important = value
      end
      def important
        return @important
      end
      def isuse=(value)
        @isuse = value
      end
      def isuse
        return @isuse
      end
      def make_command_list
      end
    end
      def start
        super
        create_Help_window
        create_command_window
        create_item_window
        create_Iname_window
        create_status_window
        create_command_itens
        create_Equip_window
        create_Image_Background
        @iscombine = false
      end

end

def create_item_window
      end
      def create_command_itens
      end

def create_status_window
        #@Status_window.draw_actor_face(@actor, 1, 10)
      end

def create_Help_window
      end

end

def create_Equip_window
          #@Equip_window.draw_text(10, 40 , 150, 50, @actor.equips[0].name)
        end

end
      def use_item
          Sound.play_equip
        else
          Sound.play_use_item
          @actor.use_item(@item)
          use_item_to_actors

end
        return_itens
        refresh
        check_common_event
      end
      def use_item_to_actors
        end
      end
      def check_common_event
          @iscombine = false
        end
      end
      def combine_item
        if @iscombine == false
          @iscombine = true
          @combineitem = @item
        else
              @combineitem = nil
            end
          end
          if @combineitem != nil
            for x in 1..recipe.size
            recipe1 = recipe[x]

@iscombine = false
                combineitens(x)
                break
                @iscombine = false
                combineitens(x)
                break
              end
            end
          end
          if @iscombine == true
            Sound.play_buzzer
              @iscombine = false
          end

end
        refresh
        return_itens

end
      def combineitens(x)
        end
      end
      def discart_item
        return_itens
      end
      def return_itens
        @item_window.refresh
      end
      # * Item [Confirmação] #thanks to A-Moonless-Night
       #THIS BYPASSES THE SECOND USE/COMBINE WINDOW AND JUMPS DIRECTLY TO RECIPE CHECK
    def on_item_ok
        if @item != nil
          if @iscombine && @item.is_a?(RPG::Item) && !@item.key_item?
            combine_item
          else
            else
            end
            else
            end
            else
            end
            @command_item.refresh
          end
        else
          Sound.play_buzzer
        end
      end 

#~   def on_item_ok
    #~     @item = @item_window.item
    #~     if @item != nil
    #~       if @item.is_a?(RPG::Weapon)
    #~         @command_item.activeCombine = false
    #~         @command_item.usename = RE_MENU::Equip
    #~       else
    #~         @command_item.activeCombine = true
    #~         @command_item.usename = RE_MENU::Use
    #~       end
    #~       if @item.is_a?(RPG::Item) and @item.key_item?
    #~         @command_item.important = false
    #~       else
    #~         @command_item.important = true
    #~       end
    #~       if @item_window.usable?(@item)
    #~         @command_item.isuse = true
    #~       else
    #~         @command_item.isuse = false
    #~       end
    #~     
    #~       @command_item.refresh
    #~       @command_item.visible = true
    #~       @command_item.active = true
    #~     else
    #~       Sound.play_buzzer
    #~       @item_window.active = true
    #~     end
    #~     @help_window.set_item(@item)
    #~   end
      # * Item [Cancelamento]
      def on_item_cancel
        @item_window.unselect
        @command_window.activate
        @iscombine = false
      end

# * Comando [Item]
      def command_item
        @item_window.activate
        @item_window.select_last

end
      def command_maps
      end
      def command_game_end
      end
      def on_personal_cancel
        @status_window.unselect
        @command_window.activate
      end

def refresh
        @item_window.refresh
        end

end
    end