RipSkinned

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys, I'm only 40 hours into RPG Maker, so I'm an absolute noob at this. I've made much progress by logical conclusions and a few video tutorials, yet there is something I can't seem to make happen.
So there is this specific skill I made that's similar to the minimize move from Pokemon -- it increases evasion and the sprite changes to a shrunk version of the actor for the remainder of the battle. It works perfectly with the actors.
Problem is, I can't seem to make it work with enemies. I've added a conditional branch to trigger transformation with the minimize state yet nothing happens, tried a common event tied to the skill... to no avail.
I tried transforming the enemy without any conditioning at the start of the battle and that works; it does transform, but nothing happens when coupled with the minimize state. I don't really see what I could do different.
Seems it has to be with something not connecting between the conditional branch and the enemy transformation. I know it's merely cosmetic, but... it's cool.
Do you have any ideas? Am I not seeing something obvious? Do I need a plugin?

Last edited:

Sopo201

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm not sure if this is exactly what you want, but I managed to get something working. I duplicated the enemy I wanted minimized and resized its sprite in an image editor. Then in the Troops tab, I did this: 1596144137340.png
If you wanted this for more than one enemy, you'd need multiple "mini" versions of them in your Enemies tab. I'm sure there's probably a cleaner way to do this, but this was the first thing that came to mind. Let me know if this works out!

RipSkinned

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure if this is exactly what you want, but I managed to get something working. I duplicated the enemy I wanted minimized and resized its sprite in an image editor. Then in the Troops tab, I did this: View attachment 153460
If you wanted this for more than one enemy, you'd need multiple "mini" versions of them in your Enemies tab. I'm sure there's probably a cleaner way to do this, but this was the first thing that came to mind. Let me know if this works out!

Did those settings work for you? Mine won't change to its minimized state at all, for some reason. I find this odd. Luckily I just need this one enemy to shrink since it's the only enemy to have this power. Still, can't make it happen. Maybe it has to do with the minimize State settings? Something blocking the way?\

Edit: I managed to make it happen. It wasn't transforming because for some reason the state was checking 'remove at battle end' for some reason. I had to uncheck it. This begs for another question though: Does this mean my characters will remain shrunk and with high evasion rate in the overworld or is that eliminated by default? Sorry in advance is this question is too noobish but it's still linked to the topic lol

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
those settings should work, which means that the problem might be in the details.
Please post a screenshot of YOUR troop event so that we can check it for errors.

Sopo201

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It wasn't transforming because for some reason the state was checking 'remove at battle end' for some reason. I had to uncheck it.
I'm not sure why unchecking that made it work for you. Mine worked with it both checked and unchecked. Could you please post a screenshot of your state and troop settings?

RipSkinned

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got it working somehow, I unchecked it and tried again and it worked. No idea what was not letting me do it. It obviously was a detail thing. Thanks a bunch for the help!!!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

To my horror, I found out I got zero Jack Vance books in my bookshelf! :kaoback: Where do y'all go in the internet to buy used books? Like, not Amazon?
Marquise* wrote on Mrs_Allykat's profile.
Your new logo is sooooo attractive! Feels like those sour liquid candy mixed with the wrapping of the popping candy rocks ones. ^^ It gives flavor and taste to our eyes. ^^
Sorry I couldn't comment before, I relogged here for someone's B-Day yesterday. ((Yeah yeah... been scared got on the throne and all as usual. Being social seems harder than walking now. So sorry to everyone and especially you.))
How goes the game make?
Took me almost a year to flesh out this concept but hey, now it works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Applegreed