Holydrunkard

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1590567340358.png

I am relatively new to RPG Maker MV so I apologize if this is a dumb question. In the picture above, I have taken the shelf on the left and added it as an event icon as a single img so I could have an event to move it and reveal a secret passage way behind. This all works properly except I cannot figure out how to get the shelf to line up. I am probably explaining this badly but the picture explains it perfectly, I would just like it all to line up normally. Any suggestions? Much appreciated

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Events are automatically given a 4-pixel offset to make them look more realistic when walking around on terrain (think Characters and such). Obviously you don't want objects like this bookshelf to be offset 4 pixels up, and the way to specify that is in the event graphic's filename: If the first character is a ! (or the first character is a $ and the second is a !), then the 4-pixel offset will not be used (and it will line up with the rest of the bookshelf).

So if it wouldn't ruin the display of any of the other event graphics in that file, you should just rename that graphic file to include a ! at the beginning. If it would mess up some of your other graphics, then make a copy of that graphic file and put a ! at the beginning of the name of the copy, and use that copy to show this bookcase graphic.

Holydrunkard

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow you are my hero!! I appreciate such a great explanation to such a simple problem, I cannot thank you enough. It was driving me crazy lol!

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
No worries, I'm glad it worked for you. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Worst part about doing a plugin based on an existing system: figuring out the best way for developers to set up the data.
Right now, my free time is less when Covid 19 in my country.
Begin to reduce the number of daily infections to 0.
Okay someone really needs to fix that broken railing, its a health hazard...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirty_score