Help with eventing a custom title screen?

Bitschi

super duper busy ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi, I'm currently trying to make  a custom title screen with events, and I've just run into a bit of a roadblock! 

Here's the layout I decided on:

And here's a screenshot of my event sequences thingys, my cursor picture is the 'x' running through the title screen buttons.

I've been scratching my head over what I've done wrong ;_; ;_; ;_; ! Whenever open up the game and get into my custom title screen, as soon as I press the down button once it suddenly goes all the way down to the last button, then will only go up once, like its confined to only the bottom two buttons. Hopefully someone can help me with this haha!  :D  

Here's the zip file for my project with the eventing if you'd like to look! It's pretty barebones though, since I'm using this project file to test out this title thingamajig.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/llbvmj90x5w64r9/Project1.zip?dl=0

Thank you for your time!  ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Autoruns are looping once per frame - with sixty frames per second. you can't release the button that fast as a human, so your single key press turns into several dozens.

You need to place the key check into an independent loop that returns a single key no matter how long the key is pressed, and that'll need a bit more in eventing and storing current key press and checking again - sorry, I'm short on time and can't go more into details.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bitschi

super duper busy ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Andar Thank you so much! :)  I'm not sure how to do that quite yet, but your answer did help me a whole lot! For now I'll just change the frame rate for the move picture event to 10, I just tried it out and it seems to be working well.

However, now that the cursor is moving correctly, another problem has occurred: whenever I try to move the cursor up, it get's stuck, and I know I must have fudged up the self switches somehow. Can someone point me in the right direction for this? 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Unifying the code bases across MV and MZ for Haxe!
Anyone who uses Yanfly's Gab Window plugin: are there any features it lacks that you wish it had?
Working on Zelda-like tileset. Should be greatly refined. And tonight extra pave tiles, outward corners, abyss and water...
Is it possible to move posts from the in-progress project forum to completed games? I think I need to message a mod but a bit worried about bothering them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cosmichamer