Help With Eventing and Puzzle

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by ToriKlepto, Nov 26, 2016.

1. ToriKlepto

ToriKlepto Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    So I'm trying to make a puzzle where you pick up four different objects (which are scattered through different maps) and then you put them in front of the corresponding statues in a separate room to unlock a door. However, only the first event in front of the first statue will work properly. The rest of them do nothing when selected. What am I doing wrong?

statue puzzle.png

statue puzzle2.png

statue puzzle3.png

statue puzzle4.png

statue puzzle5.png

2. Heirukichi

Heirukichi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You are checking if the player has every single item in each event. Since after you activate the first event one of those items is removed your conditions are not met for the other events. A way to fix it is to increase a variable every time the player obtains one of those items and only use "Variable >= 4" as a condition for you event.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2016
  3. ToriKlepto

First Language:
    English
    @Heirukichi Ah, I see what you mean. I'm a dummy. However, even if I used variables, would it not make the same problem? Because then I would still need 4 variables. Unless you mean additionally using variables. Also, thank you for the fast reply. I swear you've helped me in almost all of my posts. ^_^"

4. Heirukichi

Heirukichi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    If you use 4 variables yes, but I never wrote "variableS", I wrote "variable". Every item you pick up increases the same variable by 1 so when you have all the items you need the variable will be equal to the number of different items (in your case it will be 4). Then once it is 4 even if you remove one of those items from player's inventory the event still knows that thei were in the player inventory because the variable is still 4.

5. ToriKlepto

First Language:
    English
    @Heirukichi Okay, got it! Much appreciated! I'll try it out.

Yes that worked swimmingly. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2016