Help with eventing logic. Give player 0.5s to click mouse, otherwise do xxx.

Oir

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello all!

Probably some very simple eventing logic but my brain is failing me here.

I want to essentially have a conditional branch triggered by a mouse click. If the mouse is clicked again within 0.5 seconds, I go to the next event page. Otherwise, I exit the event.

If it matters, I'm planning on using this kind of system to implement a "combo" attack in QABS.
Slash 1 leads into Slash 2 which leads into Slash 3. Reset to Slash 1 at any time if player hasn't clicked mouse in the last 0.5s. Something like the following:
  • Event page 1: On mouse click: learn Slash 2 skill and forget Slash 1. Then activate Slash 2 switch.
  • Event page 2 (triggered by Slash 2 switch): On mouse click, forget slash 2 then learn slash 3. Then activate slash 3 switch.
  • Event page 3 (triggered by Slash 3 switch): On mouse click, activate "combo finished" switch.
  • Event page 4 (triggered by "combo finished" switch): Reset all skills back to normal and deactivate all switches.
Except I also want to skip to event page 4 if at any time, the player fails to hit the mouse button within 0.5 seconds of triggering the event page.

Thank you for your time!

Last edited:

stramin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am confused, it seems like there is no way to do a Slash2, because when you click twice, and don't click the third time in 0.5s you go back to Slash1

1610774802464.png

Maybe you could do something simpler like this:
  • one click: Slash1
  • double click: Slash2
  • triple click: Slash 3
I have an idea, on the second and third page select autonomous movement type to "custom", and on the route make a 0.5 seconds wait and then an "On/Off switch" route to change to tab 1 or 4 after 0.5s if the player didn't click enough fast, and remove the "repeat" option at the end, something like this:

1610774025483.png

Attachments

• 1610774590315.png
    1610774590315.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Oir

Oir

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am confused, it seems like there is no way to do a Slash2, because when you click twice, and don't click the third time in 0.5s you go back to Slash1

Maybe you could do something simpler like this:
  • one click: Slash1
  • double click: Slash2
  • triple click: Slash 3
I have an idea, on the second and third page select autonomous movement type to "custom", and on the route make a 0.5 seconds wait and then an "On/Off switch" route to change to tab 1 or 4 after 0.5s if the player didn't click enough fast, and remove the "repeat" option at the end, something like this:

Sorry if I didn't explain too well. The first click would simultaneously do Slash 1 and also start the 0.5s timer for Slash 2. Therefore the second click would be Slash 2.

Your idea sounds really good. So basically, by default, every event page would go back to Page 1 (or 4) after 0.5 seconds. Therefore, in order to use Slash 2 or Slash 3, you'd have 0.5 seconds after entering that Event Page to execute the move and move on to the next page where the timer would then reset.

Sounds perfect actually. Will try it out! Thank you for the help and also for the diagrams which are also super helpful!

EDIT:

It works perfectly! What a great solution you suggested!

Exactly what I needed, thank you once again!

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Create MiniMaps, Sprites for MV Enemies, & Aethereal Plane Battlebacks | RPG Maker News #74

Vtubers Vs MOTHER.png

This might be my next project. You like it?
I'm off to search the master script list for my skill issue. HOORAY! FUN!
Fun fact: Digimon is an isekai :kaoswt2:
The problem with being a perfectionist is that you are never done with something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nekonix