Help with first person combat system (animations)

yolacarlos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am trying to figure out the best way to build a first person front view battle system like in some dungeon crawlers. So far I've managed to get the weapon in and add some bood and animations during my attack, but I can't figure out how to make the enemies react in a animation.

Also I would like the enemies to come up to me in a animation before they attack me, like getting out of their "grid". I was thinking wether this is doable doing showimage comands or would I need plugins.

I would like for battlers not to be still but in a relaxed movement when they are standing.

Pic related
Do I need Battle Core?

Attachments

• imagen_2022-08-10_214839492.png
    imagen_2022-08-10_214839492.png
    183.5 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Everything you're describing could easily be done with a plugin called Yanfly's AnimatedSVEnemies!

Yanfly's AnimatedSVEnemies allows for you to use sideview-styled spritesheets to give animations to your enemies.
SV Reference.png

Essentially, while you do have a front view style going, the plugin allows you to use sv_styled sprites in place of your enemies. So it's very easy for you to draw your enemy sprites facing forwards to give the illusion of front view, while using side-view sprites.

Just follow the format in the image I gave you above....and it will work.

Note: It doesn't have to be 64x64, it can be any dimension you want. Just make sure ALL the "squares"(aka cells) of each sprite are exactly the same dimensions, and that the format of the image is 9 squares wide by 6 squares in height.
What will happen is the game takes that image, and will cycle between each set of 3 of those sprites from above for things like idle, dead, use-item, damage....etc. All of that. So you get all the freedom you need for reactions and stances from doing this method.

If you do end up using this plugin, make sure you put your sprites in the "sv_actors" folder, even though they are enemies.
I learned my lesson the hard way when I use this plugin lol.

Now, in regards to your other stuff, you may need to manipulate your Animations tab as well as some actor position plugins for that sort of thing. But that shouldn't be too difficult once you use what I described above, since those are more minor problems to solve once you tackle the main idea of using the SVEnemies plugin.

Hope that helps!

yolacarlos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A lot!! thanks you so much!

I have two more related questions.

How could I make it so that the weapon like the sword moves slightly too in idle mode? I've been trying with showcommand and eventing and it loops not letting me battle over it wether its parallel or automatic. Maybe visustella animated images would work?

ALSO one last thing. Is it possible to build a parry mechanic, with a key in put that would block stop an upcoming attack?

Thanks a lot

Last edited:

yolacarlos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Everything you're describing could easily be done with a plugin called Yanfly's AnimatedSVEnemies!

Yanfly's AnimatedSVEnemies allows for you to use sideview-styled spritesheets to give animations to your enemies.
View attachment 237326

Essentially, while you do have a front view style going, the plugin allows you to use sv_styled sprites in place of your enemies. So it's very easy for you to draw your enemy sprites facing forwards to give the illusion of front view, while using side-view sprites.

Just follow the format in the image I gave you above....and it will work.

Note: It doesn't have to be 64x64, it can be any dimension you want. Just make sure ALL the "squares"(aka cells) of each sprite are exactly the same dimensions, and that the format of the image is 9 squares wide by 6 squares in height.
What will happen is the game takes that image, and will cycle between each set of 3 of those sprites from above for things like idle, dead, use-item, damage....etc. All of that. So you get all the freedom you need for reactions and stances from doing this method.

If you do end up using this plugin, make sure you put your sprites in the "sv_actors" folder, even though they are enemies.
I learned my lesson the hard way when I use this plugin lol.

Now, in regards to your other stuff, you may need to manipulate your Animations tab as well as some actor position plugins for that sort of thing. But that shouldn't be too difficult once you use what I described above, since those are more minor problems to solve once you tackle the main idea of using the SVEnemies plugin.

Hope that helps!
Also can this plugin work on MZ?

I just found Akea so I'm gonna try that one intead!

Last edited:

Latest Profile Posts

There was a tutorial on how to draw anime eyes. Just draw Among Us. So I tried.
Screenshot_107.jpg
DamageActor3_7.png added!
index.php

Making a "characters first appearance" drawing for my game. Now I just have to finish the sprite art animation for her grand entrance.​
ScreenShot_9_24_2022_7_56_24.png
New area being started today. It leads to one of the games 2 optional bosses.
A secret desire of mine: I want to make a horror game based on Celtic mythology. I've seen plenty of Greek, Japanese and Norse mythology-based horror games, but I don't think I've ever seen a Celtic-based horror game anywhere...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikehopper96