Help with Galv's message backgrounds (EDIT: solved!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cirnoe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys! I am a complete noob so pardon the possibly stupid question. I copied this script by Galv to the letter to use my custom message boxes but the custom skin appears to be ABOVE the text as seen in the picture (..in case you manage to decipher the text I'm just testing things lol don't mind it)

I'm hoping for some quick fixes for this problem. If it helps, the only other script I have active is the complementary Galv's Message busts script so I don't think there should be any conflicting scripts. Thanks in advance! :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 3.03.45.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 3.03.45.png
    425.1 KB · Views: 24

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You may have a conflicting script. Try putting galv's script lower in your script list.
The script works fine for me.

cirnoe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You may have a conflicting script. Try putting galv's script lower in your script list.
The script works fine for me.
Hey, thanks for the reply! I get what you're saying but I don't see the problem with my script positions, cos Galv wrote in the instructions that the Message backgrounds script has to be above the busts script. Any idea where I went wrong? Maybe i missed something. Thanks so much in advance! :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 18.36.52.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 18.36.52.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 6

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
where I went wrong
No idea. Usually I test these things by making a backup of the project or scripts and then delete script a few at a time until the culprit shows up.

cirnoe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No idea. Usually I test these things by making a backup of the project or scripts and then delete script a few at a time until the culprit shows up.
Just to double check, the problem would never lie in the base scripts (not under materials), right? I'm not savvy enough to deal with troubleshooting the contents of the Galv scripts though :/

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
No the base scripts would never be touched, unless you knew what you were doing.

A-Moonless-Night

WINTER IS COMING
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
In the Message Busts script, change the BUST_Z value to 1 or something. It says in the script that a negative number makes the face appear below the window:
Ruby:
  BUST_Z = 1           # adds to z value of busts if needed. A negative number
                       # will make the bust appear below the message window.

cirnoe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the Message Busts script, change the BUST_Z value to 1 or something. It says in the script that a negative number makes the face appear below the window:
Ruby:
  BUST_Z = 1           # adds to z value of busts if needed. A negative number
                       # will make the bust appear below the message window.
Thanks for your input! However I don’t have an issue with that, the problem is about how the custom text box appears above the text. The busts are above the window already :)

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just grabbed galv's message bust demo and put the message background script in it (above message busts as below doesn't work) and there was no issues.

A-Moonless-Night

WINTER IS COMING
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah, I'm not having any issues either. Try copying the scripts from Galv's website again. Do you have any other message-related scripts in your project?

cirnoe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I'm not having any issues either. Try copying the scripts from Galv's website again. Do you have any other message-related scripts in your project?
I just grabbed galv's message bust demo and put the message background script in it (above message busts as below doesn't work) and there was no issues.

Oh I just copied the script wholesale again and for some reason it works again! Thank you so much for all the help, its been resolved :)

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Draw something
Me: No problemo! ''draws something''
Now draw the same thing from a different angle
Me: So....You have discovered my weakness...
I got a new PC... Nothing wrong with my lil laptop at all! Still works great, and I'll be using it for school. But, the specs for gaming were falling off fast. So I was selfish and bought myself a beast of a PC ^-^
Newstuff.PNG

Held hostage in my own house half the day by an old man that cant take hints or read body language, STILL manage to make some pixels! booyah! I should get a promotion!....No wait...I should get a job o_O
Potions are to be hoarded, not used... >_>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azistara