hocopoko

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hello! I was wondering: is there a mechanic that would allow the player to edit the map in real time? I'll elaborate:
In the little game I am making for fun, you can terraform the world around you. I was picturing it like this (sorry for the messiness):

example.png
Hopefully that makes sense?? Thank you for any help, and I hope you have a good day!

AkiraKotatsuhime

炬燵姫
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
DE / ドイツ語
Primarily Uses
N/A
In case of RPG2003 1.12 on Steam, there is a feature in Maniac Patch that adds a new eventcommand (マップの書き換え / Rewrite Map) to change the tiles on map at XY-position of player-object while the game is running. So that could be a good way to do this.

Still, you would have to save all the changes that are made e.g. into variables and re-apply them every time when the map is visited again by the player, because such data can't be saved by itself.
Good luck!~

~炬燵あ

hocopoko

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
In case of RPG2003 1.12 on Steam, there is a feature in Maniac Patch that adds a new eventcommand (マップの書き換え / Rewrite Map) to change the tiles on map at XY-position of player-object while the game is running. So that could be a good way to do this.

Still, you would have to save all the changes that are made e.g. into variables and re-apply them every time when the map is visited again by the player, because such data can't be saved by itself.
Good luck!~

~炬燵あ
Oh, thank you so very much!! That's incredible to hear, that it is possible. I will test this as soon as I can. Thank you!!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Awright ya marshmallows! :kaopride: Here's a peek of what Alice's 8-bit Gothic gonna be like! EXPECT IT! (...in 2025?) :kaoswt:

alice_gothictiles.png
SF_People3_4 added!
index.php

Finds notes for an old side project... Oh, that's right, the two tracks that sounded really cool and gave inspiration for the big bad in that game... Spends day working on cutscene from old notes, looks okay, now lets slot in the first track... um... I did have those tracks??? It was a year or so ago but I did buy them didn't I?
CA9mtHJ.gif

Everything is really confusing for me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donkeyrol