Help with game over common event

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by RainbowGrenade, Jan 27, 2015.

1. RainbowGrenade

RainbowGrenade Paint Princess Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'm using Kread-EX's Game Over Common Event script, and it's working great.  The only problem is that after dying once, you can't die again.  I'm not sure if this has something to do with the fact that I'm using XAS ABS or not.  If someone could help me figure out this issue, I'd be very grateful.  It's very important to me to be able to bypass true game over in my dungeon crawler.  You can find Kread-EX's script here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015
  2. Knighteriius

Knighteriius The Apple Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hmm, that'd odd. So after it plays out the common event it won't kill your player the second time it plays out the common event. Is your battle system one of those battle systems where it's on the field and enemies attack you on the map? It may be the cause of it. But what gets me thinking is that the script notes that The Game Over event command will not trigger the common event.

I think I'll test it in my game and see what happens in the meantime what does your common event do? Just teleports them to a save point or something?

3. RainbowGrenade

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Yeah, XAS is an action battle system where the enemies are tied to events on the map.  My common event just transports the player to a different map, and removes all equips and inventory.  It's just weird, since it all works perfectly fine the first time around.  If my hp hits zero again after that, nothing happens at all.  I just keep on walking around like it's totally normal to be invincible. :\

4. Knighteriius

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Ah I see...what I don't understand is, why do you need a script to just play a common event for your game over? Couldn't you just play the common event everytime your player dies? 

Or is it that once your hp gets to zero from the enemy it'll play the common event? Oo! I get it now! hehe I was so confuzzled last night! 

Well it could quite be because of the XAS script but it might just be because of what you want it to do....hmm..Does it do the same thing in a normal battle without the XAS? I think that's what I'll try.

EDIT: Okay, so the script works perfectly fine for me, So it must be interfering with XAS.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2015
  5. RainbowGrenade

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Just so we're on the same page, XAS can be found here.  There's a vid, so you can get an idea fo how it runs.

The script by Kread-EX basically tells the game to ignore the regular protocol when hp hits zero (i.e. go to game over scene), and instead, brings hp up to 1 and autoruns common event 001.

6. Knighteriius

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Welp, it glitches out for me too when I play it with XAS..Hmm...

7. RainbowGrenade

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    And I just tested it on a vanilla game, and it's working just fine. I also tried creating an event on my regular game, that causes -1000 hp.  It triggered the common event the first time, and the second, I got caught in a death loop of my main character screaming like a skipping record. I wish I knew exactly how XAS triggers death, since that might make it easier to figure out an answer. D:

8. Knighteriius

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Oh golly! Yeah that would make it easier...Darn, I'm sorry I can't be of any help. D: :(