Help with "Hime's Custom Icon Sheets"

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Mogipo, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Mogipo

Mogipo Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello, I'm new to RMVX Ace...and I have no idea how to make this script work. I'm clueless with scripts since this would be the first one I'm using. So let me explain fully...

*I've installed the script in the right place and I placed my iconsets in my Graphics/system folder in my game folder. I've tried copying the names of the iconset file names into the script but I still have no option to select them when I'm in the database...I've even tried using the "Custom Icon Selector" Thing, but still no luck. It'd really appreciate it if someone can help...and for reference this is how I enter the filenames...not sure if its the right place but it's under configuration.

Untitled.png

Here is the link to the script-

http://himeworks.com/2013/03/custom-icon-sheets/

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2016
  2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Please add a link to the script.

You're not meant to actually copy the script into the (Insert here) slot.  You are meant to hit the Insert key to create a new slot, give it a name, and paste the code in there.

A script does not change what you see in the editor - it never will.  The only time you will see a different icon sheet when you go to allocate an icon in the database, is when you overwrite the default one - that means you need to name it correctly.  I assume this script is meant to allow you to use multiple icon sheets, so that is not what's happening here, and you will likely never see the new icon sheet in the editor.

3. Mogipo

Mogipo Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Okay, I just did what you said with hitting the insert key and giving it a name. I assumed I would be able to use more than one iconsheet in the database while editing with this script....If not how am I supposed to have more Iconsheets? Because right now in my database there is only one...

4. Idril

Idril Widdershins Games Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The only way to add more icons in the editor is to import a new iconsheet file through the database, and overwrite the original iconsheet.

The way the script seems to work is that when creating an item in the database, you add a notetag telling the item to use an icon from a sheet specified through the script.

The easiest way to explain is to demonstrate, so here we go -

[​IMG]

This is what my script looks like - I'm using Avery's iconsheet ("avy_iconsheet"), the size of the icons is 24x24 pixels, and that's that.
    [​IMG]

Random new item I made in the database to test it out. Just put in a name and description, pick whatever random icon you want in the editor because it doesn't matter, and in the Note section (circled in yellow) put <icon: name_of_iconsheet index>. Of course, replace name_of_iconsheet with the name of your iconsheet. Index is the number of your preferred icon on that sheet - the second icon on the first row of the sheet is #1. You can count them yourself or use http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/3815-iconset-index-selection-tool/

That's that! It should show in a test game as the custom icon instead of the editor-selected one.

5. Mogipo

Mogipo Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Thanks! This helped me a ton :3

Idril likes this.
  6. Idril

Idril Widdershins Games Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Mogipo Great! Glad I could help :)