help with how to make a limit break setup

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by sirkos, Jan 5, 2016.

1. kiriseo

kiriseo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    I don't know why it doesn't show the animation.

In my Sample Project, it looks like this when either 100tp or 99tp is needed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2016
  2. sirkos

sirkos Veteran Veteran

maybe ill show you mine, the limit skill has a cast animation and it works fine if i set it to 99 but if 100 it just goes straight to the skill animation and no cast animation

3. kiriseo

kiriseo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    You mean the circle under your actor?

I'll only get that if my actor has a weapon with the "cane" weapon type.

And that with both, 100TP cost and 99TP cost

4. sirkos

sirkos Veteran Veteran

what circle? for me i can not  a weapon equipped  and this still would work in this way 100tp set = no cast animation, 99tp set = cast animation

now theres a new yanfly plugin  enhanced TP maybe that might help otherwise i could maybe set max tp is 99 now

5. sirkos

sirkos Veteran Veteran

your miss understanding this, cast animation is not the animation of the skill its the animation of casting then shows the skill and its animation

its a thing from yanfly battle core plugin 

<Cast Animation: 129>

http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/10/yep-3-battle-engine-core/

6. kiriseo

kiriseo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    No I'm not missunderstanding it.

The <Cast Animation> tag replaces the default circle animation that characters are playing right before their skills.

And something in your project seems a bit off, 'cause I can't recreate your problem.

I copied your code inside my actor like you did.

I set the <Cast Animation>  tag to 100 for testing, and the animation is never played. Neither with 100TP cost nor 99TP cost.

I tested it further.

This time I copied the code inside a Sword instead of an actor, and let Marsha, Therese,  and Harold learn that skill. Harold also can use other weapons now. I testet it with both costs, 100TP and 99TP.

When I have the sword on Herold, the animation would also never be played, regardless of whether I use the new command, or the skill from the skill menu.

If I equipe him with another weapon, that doesn't have that code, and use the skill from within his skill menu, the cast animation is played.

For Marsha and Therese the animation is also played, 'cause their weapons doesn't have that code.

For the next test, I copied the code in Marsha's cane, too.

Now neither Harold nor Marsha gets the cast animation, regardless of the cost, or from where I use the skill.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2016
    sirkos likes this.
  7. sirkos

sirkos Veteran Veteran

ok my bad sorry

i did some tests too

it doesnt matter if you change the cast animation ID or if the tp needed is 99 or 100

if the skill is used by attack replacement or from skill type it still dont play cast animation

but it was working when it was set at 99 and replacing attack (only time it works is on a new project and when its not a skill that replaces the attack command)

all of this is confusing : /

the limit skill has got this

<setup action>

MOVE user: target, FRONT BASE, 12

wait for movement

motion swing: user

</setup action>

but without or without it still wont play cast animation

8. kiriseo

kiriseo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    I think the cause for this is how the replace attack is handled.

I suggest asking Yanfly if it is possible to code it in a way to get that cast animation for the replace attack in Yanflys thread here.

9. sirkos

sirkos Veteran Veteran

that does seem to be the problem, i asked about it, yanfly probably do nothing about it tho

10. sirkos

sirkos Veteran Veteran

yanfly replies with...

Attack and Guard skills do not trigger cast animations as per the code. Replace Attack and Replace Guard skills also count as attack and guard skills, so they do not trigger cast animations. This is working as intended. If you wish to make it play an animation, you'll have to do it with an action sequence using the ANIMATION X sequence.