kiriseo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
ok but can you solve the problem?

in the tag script and set 100 tp needed to make tag/limit break to work, doesnt show cast animation

if tp needed is set to 99 then it works and shows cast animation.....ok, but its annoying because tp will always goto 100 because i cant set the max to 99

so then that tag/limit break wont work unless its bang on 99 tp
I don't know why it doesn't show the animation.

In my Sample Project, it looks like this when either 100tp or 99tp is needed.

b0ee4f5424.jpg

a22d878cdc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sirkos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I don't know why it doesn't show the animation.

In my Sample Project, it looks like this when either 100tp or 99tp is needed.

b0ee4f5424.jpg

a22d878cdc.jpg
maybe ill show you mine, the limit skill has a cast animation and it works fine if i set it to 99 but if 100 it just goes straight to the skill animation and no cast animation

kiriseo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
maybe ill show you mine, the limit skill has a cast animation and it works fine if i set it to 99 but if 100 it just goes straight to the skill animation and no cast animation
You mean the circle under your actor?

I'll only get that if my actor has a weapon with the "cane" weapon type.

And that with both, 100TP cost and 99TP cost

sirkos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses

what circle? for me i can not  a weapon equipped  and this still would work in this way 100tp set = no cast animation, 99tp set = cast animation

now theres a new yanfly plugin  enhanced TP maybe that might help otherwise i could maybe set max tp is 99 now

sirkos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
what circle? for me i can not  a weapon equipped  and this still would work in this way 100tp set = no cast animation, 99tp set = cast animation

now theres a new yanfly plugin  enhanced TP maybe that might help otherwise i could maybe set max tp is 99 now

your miss understanding this, cast animation is not the animation of the skill its the animation of casting then shows the skill and its animation

its a thing from yanfly battle core plugin 

<Cast Animation: 129>

http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/10/yep-3-battle-engine-core/

kiriseo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
your miss understanding this, cast animation is not the animation of the skill its the animation of casting then shows the skill and its animation

its a thing from yanfly battle core plugin 

<Cast Animation: 129>

http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/10/yep-3-battle-engine-core/
No I'm not missunderstanding it.

The <Cast Animation> tag replaces the default circle animation that characters are playing right before their skills.

And something in your project seems a bit off, 'cause I can't recreate your problem.

I copied your code inside my actor like you did.

I set the <Cast Animation>  tag to 100 for testing, and the animation is never played. Neither with 100TP cost nor 99TP cost.

I tested it further.

This time I copied the code inside a Sword instead of an actor, and let Marsha, Therese,  and Harold learn that skill. Harold also can use other weapons now. I testet it with both costs, 100TP and 99TP.

When I have the sword on Herold, the animation would also never be played, regardless of whether I use the new command, or the skill from the skill menu.

If I equipe him with another weapon, that doesn't have that code, and use the skill from within his skill menu, the cast animation is played.

For Marsha and Therese the animation is also played, 'cause their weapons doesn't have that code.

For the next test, I copied the code in Marsha's cane, too.

Now neither Harold nor Marsha gets the cast animation, regardless of the cost, or from where I use the skill.

sirkos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
No I'm not missunderstanding it.

The <Cast Animation> tag replaces the default circle animation that caster like Marsha are playing right before their skills.

And something in your project seems a bit off, 'cause I can't recreate your problem.

I copied your code inside my actor like you did.

I set the <Cast Animation>  tag to 100 for testing, and the animation is never played. Neither with 100TP cost nor 99TP cost.

I tested it further.

This time I copied the code inside a Sword instead of an actor, and let Marsha and Harold learn that skill. Harold also can use canes now. I testet it with both costs, 100TP and 99TP.

When I have the sword on Herold, the animation would also never be played, regardless of whether I use the new command, or the skill from the skill menu.

If I equipe him with the cane, that doesn't have that code, and use the skill from within his skill menu, the cast animation is played.

For Marsha the animation is also played, 'cause the cane doesn't have that code.

For the next test, I copied the code in the cane, too.

Now neither of them gets the cast animation, regardless of the cost, or from where I use the skill.
ok my bad sorry

i did some tests too

it doesnt matter if you change the cast animation ID or if the tp needed is 99 or 100

if the skill is used by attack replacement or from skill type it still dont play cast animation

but it was working when it was set at 99 and replacing attack (only time it works is on a new project and when its not a skill that replaces the attack command)

all of this is confusing : /

the limit skill has got this

<setup action>

MOVE user: target, FRONT BASE, 12

wait for movement

motion swing: user

</setup action>

but without or without it still wont play cast animation

kiriseo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
I think the cause for this is how the replace attack is handled.

I suggest asking Yanfly if it is possible to code it in a way to get that cast animation for the replace attack in Yanflys thread here.

sirkos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses

I suggest asking Yanfly if it is possible to code it in a way to get that cast animation for the replace attack in Yanflys thread here.
that does seem to be the problem, i asked about it, yanfly probably do nothing about it tho

sirkos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses

yanfly replies with...

Attack and Guard skills do not trigger cast animations as per the code. Replace Attack and Replace Guard skills also count as attack and guard skills, so they do not trigger cast animations. This is working as intended. If you wish to make it play an animation, you'll have to do it with an action sequence using the ANIMATION X sequence.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Gameboy Tiles, Cure Writer's Block, Animations on Menu, Generate Tasks | RPG Maker News #40

How would you judge a game you played? Art/Graphics? Story? Gameplay?
Learn MV sales goal = 2%
NSFW game sales goal = 2500% (no jokes) :guffaw:
After gathering, sorting out & reconsidering hundreds of enemy battlers over the last two das, finally my favorite part begins: Inventing names and lore for them all :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonTonyPepperoni