Sinalma

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ok so im new in creating games with rpgmakervx ace and my problem is the description of items.(objects)
I'm having trouble on how to show messages (longer than the description) so I can show notes, books or so to give hints for the game progress. Anyone please help?

Corlagon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I'm not sure I understand. Do you want do show message boxes when the player uses an item? You can have the item call a Common Event to do that.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Sinalma I have just seen the Report you made about this.
As far as I can see, this is in the right place, so no problem with it.

Sinalma

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm not sure I understand. Do you want do show message boxes when the player uses an item? You can have the item call a Common Event to do that.
uhm yes, kind of but like when i try to make it call the event it exists from menu

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately there isn't a way to open a message box during the menu scene. You'll have to tie it to an Common event and do it like that.

If you're not writing paragraphs, you could use a script that changes the lettering size and make the it smaller so you can fit more in the box. Or change the resolution size to increase the message box size somewhat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I need to come up with quite a few action sequences.
Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)
A friend requested me to do a pfp for his twitch channel, so far he approved one of my sketches, so going to digital now. The style he's looking for is quite different from my usual, hopefully I can get it right... :kaoback:
I am so hyped! A new post update and im anxious to see reactions..eeeeeeee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noicchi