Help with Khas Message System!

DeyJay5

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am using Khas Message System script for RPG Maker VX Ace (link below) and I cannot figure out how to put the speech bubble over a particular event. The script itself says:
\e[x] Place the balloon over the event X.
Example:
\e[12]

I have done exactly that and it is not working. For example, the event I am trying to have the speech bubble over is named "Person". In the text box I write:
\e[Person] I am a person!

However when the game is run the speech bubble does not display over the event named "Person" but instead over the event that triggered it, and it displays like this:
[Person] I am a person!

I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. I have tried changing the event name to "21" and "EV021" and it still won't work. If anybody is able to help me I would really appreciate it. Thank you

http://arcthunder.blogspot.com/p/khas-message-system.html

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Scripts is where people who have written a completed script they want to share with the community can post them.

I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is because [Person] is just text. The command you're using requires you to use the event's ID, not its name.
\e[12] means "display over the event with the ID number 12"

DeyJay5

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh okay. I didn't realise there was a difference between the event's ID and the event's name.
Thanks for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

J0pac wrote on CrowStorm's profile.
The sad reaction was not because I want you to credit me. (terms clearly say no need to credit) but because those maps are meant to be used as inspiration or guidence. You are ofcourse alowed to use them however you want :)
I'm an adult married woman

Being a hobbyist dev and also loving my job is like nothing to lose during both busy days and holidays ~ ♥
I tried to free some space in my phone and this is what I find: https://framapic.org/Dio090k00QQ6/8tiNZ3AV5IYw.png
...Almost 60% of all images in my gallery is just that- books and notes and guides...
I've bought a set of Harry Potter to entertain myself. However, my crazy geography homework accounts for more than half of my homework.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssalum