supply 45

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey guys. Im trying to get my game started. but there is a long lag at the beginning before it can get to the starting menu. t's tolerable, but quite annoying. everything else runs smoothly until you are in combat. i am using a side view battle system. After the battle is the only time it lags. my characters will just sit there, and do nothing. The music continues, but you just sit there. and after about 20-30 seconds it stops and you get your xp and gold and the fights over. What is casuing this? I have looked for possible scripts that could help, but couldnt find anything. tried anti lag scripts but they didnt do anything. (figured they wouldn't, cause its not event lags)
Can anyone help me? It would be greatly appreciated...

Reaction score
First Language
Cookie
Primarily Uses
That happened with me, it's probably because you have alot of scripts! If I remember correctly my game crashed about a week after that so you should save it somewhere just in case. My 100 map 1,000 script game said unexpected file format I think having alot of scripts slows the game down. That only happened with one of my games though. 

supply 45

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That happened with me, it's probably because you have alot of scripts! If I remember correctly my game crashed about a week after that so you should save it somewhere just in case. My 100 map 1,000 script game said unexpected file format I think having alot of scripts slows the game down. That only happened with one of my games though. 
bahhh.... that sucks :/ no way around it I presume? I really dont wanna delete my scripts but if i have to I will. Thanks for the reply though. Atleast I can get somewhere now.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
bahhh.... that sucks :/ no way around it I presume?
Yes and no.
The problem is the script compatibility more than any fixed number. Different scripts cause a different amount of lag and different compatibility issues - I once tested a script that needed to prepare a lot of data for the game, resulting in a delay of several seconds before the titlescreen came up.

And some scripters write very small scripts that are compatible with everything, while others change the defaults in a way that they become incompatible to a lot of other scripts.

I think you should try to find out which scripts are causing the most lag by removing them and checking the starting time after each script removel, perhaps it is a script that you can work around or replace.

supply 45

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes and no.

The problem is the script compatibility more than any fixed number. Different scripts cause a different amount of lag and different compatibility issues - I once tested a script that needed to prepare a lot of data for the game, resulting in a delay of several seconds before the titlescreen came up.

And some scripters write very small scripts that are compatible with everything, while others change the defaults in a way that they become incompatible to a lot of other scripts.

I think you should try to find out which scripts are causing the most lag by removing them and checking the starting time after each script removel, perhaps it is a script that you can work around or replace.
thanks man. I have quite a few scripts that arent in use that are still in the script editor. If i remove those could that possibly help?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thanks man. I have quite a few scripts that arent in use that are still in the script editor. If i remove those could that possibly help?
it might - and it might not.
There is no way to know before testing it, as it always depends on the combination of several scripts, almost never on single scripts (scripters usually test their work for single-use errors, so scripts work alone - but no scripter can test for every other of the thousand scripts available, so that part of the bughunting has to be done by the developer that wants to use the scripts.

supply 45

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
it might - and it might not.

There is no way to know before testing it, as it always depends on the combination of several scripts, almost never on single scripts (scripters usually test their work for single-use errors, so scripts work alone - but no scripter can test for every other of the thousand scripts available, so that part of the bughunting has to be done by the developer that wants to use the scripts.
Thanks a bunch man, I appreciate it. I guess i will start hunting. :stare:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

If you can provide links to some of the scripts you're using, that might help.

I do recall one person having a similar problem with lag only at the end of battle, and IIRC, it was because of the audio file they were using for their battle end ME. I THINK they were using mp3, and as soon as they changed it to ogg, the problem went away. Or something like that.

I don't even know if XP will let you use mp3 files, so it may not be the same thing.

kerbonklin

Hiatus King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Some scripts you have may involve modules and stuff that are loaded upon starting the game. (Like for example, various "core" scripts)

Could be a possible cause.

supply 45

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Some scripts you have may involve modules and stuff that are loaded upon starting the game. (Like for example, various "core" scripts)

Could be a possible cause.
Yeah I have like 6 core scripts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have merged your posts. Please don't double post. Forum rules can be accessed via a link at the bottom right of every page

Again, you need to provide links to the scripts you are using. "I have like 6 core scripts" doesn't give us ANY information that will let us help you.

supply 45

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am not home. Haven't been for a while. Just telling you.

supply 45

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
idk if it helps, but the game goes unresponsive before the title screen, then also after a battle is completed before i can get my xp and rewards. Dunno if that helps anyone... but just a little more info for now

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
supply 45, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

And, once AGAIN ... we can't do anything until you give us links to the scripts you're using. If you're not home, that's fine. Stop posting until you ARE home and CAN give us links.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have big news. I just got hired at a Mexican restaurant! They're like Chipotle but a bit different... and my job will be taking orders some days, delivering food other days, and of course, making customers happy. My orientation is on Tuesday. Once I start, I might disappear from here sometimes, but I'll always try to come back!
Batch converting .mp3 to .ogg files is making my computer soooo slow!
When you spend hours working on an optional segment that players will only be in for 2 minutes in a single playthrough. That's the life right there.
I had a kernel panic crash on my current computer for the first time after trying out the latest update on a videogame. I think I'm going to wait until the next update before trying it again. This brought back memories of my old computer and laptop in their final days.
My mind is now broken. I just spent over an hour on this stupid issue.
Trying to get a skill to show text depending on enemy ID to show passives.
Well. I tried to call one passive 'Spirit's Way'. See a problem? No? Neither did I until now!
The apostrophe in "Spirit's" ended the text eval... no wonder I kept getting unexpected input errors...I think I'm gonna cry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tink3rer