Not open for further replies.

eadgear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
This is my very first game, so I don't have that much of knowledge when it comes to technical issue. I added lots of event in a particular map. Whenever I run the game I have no issue with lag. My question is if ever I publish the game will it lag?

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are ways to improve the performance if it happens to lag because of events. Anyway, it depends, is your computer's configuration top-end? If it is, I would recommend testing on lower end computers to test it out. You can run VNs and lower your configuration to test it also, but that would be imprecise. I had a game I published a long time ago it was lagging on the PC I was using, running at 30 fps, then these days I donwloaded and it runs at a fixed 60fps here.

So will your game lag? It depends totally on who is running it.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If it doesn't lag during a Playtest, it won't lag when published and played on your computer. It could lag on a slower, less powerful computer (or smartphone in MV) if you have tons of events.

This is the wrong subforum for this type of thread, though. Please let us know which version of RPG Maker you're using, and (if it's MV) what target platform you want to export to (Windows, Mac, iOS, etc.), so we can move it to the right place and get you the best answers.

MOD ACTION (Sep 16): Closing this thread without bumping it, due to the lack of a response. If you want it re-opened and move, please report this post and give us the details I asked for above.

Last edited:

Black Pagan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are Plugins that reduce Lag and restrict Events that show up on the Screen. Try one of those, they help quite a bit. Also, Larger the map, Greater the Lag. So you could break down your map into smaller chunks if you are concerned about the lag. Animations add to lag too, Try not having too many,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

unnamed_image.jpg
SOMEONE'S SINGLE! HE DOES LIKE LONG WALKS IN THE IN THE SHADOWS AND THE SMELL OF DECAY. SADLY, HE HAS NO NUMBER TO NOTE OF BECAUSE HE HAS NO USE FOR A PHONE, BECUASE SUMMONING WORKS MUCH BETTER AND DOES NOT COME WITH AN ITEMISED BILL. REMEMBER TO TREAT HIM GOOD ON THE FIRST DATE!
I just found out that MZ regional price on Steam in my place is much cheaper than MV.
Our water started to work again, now i don't have to fill up our toilet with water again.
Finally able to return to work after months of lockdown. My poor feet are hurting :( I need to get used to working again haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flortus