Tdotakichan

Friendly Angel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have only 2 layers A and B and wanted to know how do I get the other layers? And I heard there are other ways to add tilesets. Can someone explain how?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please follow the link to the "starting point" in my signature, those tutorials will show you the basics.

By the way, A and B are not layers, they're only two tabs of a tileset. And the tutorials (or the help file) will show you where to select a tileset, where to define it and so on.

Tdotakichan

Friendly Angel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Please follow the link to the "starting point" in my signature, those tutorials will show you the basics.

By the way, A and B are not layers, they're only two tabs of a tileset. And the tutorials (or the help file) will show you where to select a tileset, where to define it and so on.
I read it but it didn't say how to get c-e. I only have a and b and I saw someone had c in theirs from a screenshot. Or is it not necessary like that?

Guiguimu

Walking Disaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can add more tilesets in the database, tilesets:

sorry about the quality, reduced a little the ss so I could show you most of the database.
Simply add more stuff in C D and E in any new tilesets you have and/or create!
Hope this helps!

Attachments

Tdotakichan

Friendly Angel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can add more tilesets in the database, tilesets:
sorry about the quality, reduced a little the ss so I could show you most of the database.
Simply add more stuff in C D and E in any new tilesets you have and/or create!
Hope this helps!
It works thanks. If I replace the image would the tiles disappear or not function correctly from the map?

Guiguimu

Walking Disaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It will change the tiles yes, and then you will have to change the passage of those new tiles depending on what you want them to do. You can see the passage button up there. There are three options: the circle, that allows full passage, the X that blocks passage, and the star that makes that object appear above player. Passage four-directions is good for bridges and such, since it allows you to change the directions the player is allowed to walk to.
Ladder is to set which tiles are ladders, but only the ones like those rope and steel ladders that already exists, you can set to others tho. Bush is good for bushes like it says, this lowers the character opacity in his legs so it gives the appearance of the character being inside bushes, and this is good for tall grass. Counter is good for those tables, these ones allow you to speak to an event that is across the table, like in the inns. Damage floor basically adds damage to that tile every time the character steps on it. And Terrain Tag... So far I have only used this when scripts ask for it, but there are other uses. They are similar to Regions in some way, but when eventing, these ones require less work.

Basically, it depends with what you replace the old tiles. If the new ones are just editions of the old ones(as an example) it is not necessary. But imagine that in the place of a ladder you have now a tree. You will have to remove the ladder option and block the passage unless you want your character to do some tree climbing! XD

Hope this helps...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I read it but it didn't say how to get c-e.
That is because reading a tutorial is a waste of your time.
You need to work through it, doing all steps in your own tutorial project, to understand it. And that counts not only for my overview tutorial, but for all tutorials I linked there.

It's usually said that most people need about a month to work through the tutorials of the starting point to get the basics, and that this is the fastes way to learn those basics.

Tdotakichan

Friendly Angel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's usually said that most people need about a month to work through the tutorials of the starting point to get the basics, and that this is the fastes way to learn those basics.
I know almost all the basics already. I owned vxace and xp for years now. Just some things I don't know still.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the difference between tilesheets (A etc) and tilesets and how and where those are defined is pretty basic...

Tdotakichan

Friendly Angel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Basically, it depends with what you replace the old tiles. If the new ones are just editions of the old ones(as an example) it is not necessary. But imagine that in the place of a ladder you have now a tree. You will have to remove the ladder option and block the passage unless you want your character to do some tree climbing! XD

Hope this helps...
I think you misunderstood me. I mean if I replace a tileset sheet on let's say on the B layer through the database, will that replace or mess up the tiles already on the map? I think I'll try that myself so you don't have to answer me.

Tdotakichan

Friendly Angel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
the difference between tilesheets (A etc) and tilesets and how and where those are defined is pretty basic...
Nope. Nu-uh. We will not continue this discussion if it's what I think you're implying. Please keep this argument free, mod. I'm just here to learn and make games.

Guiguimu

Walking Disaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Like I said, yes it will. If you replace tileset B, the old tileset will disappear and the new one will replace it, so it will create a mess. But if you create a new, like D or something like that, it will not replace anything on map. Don't forget to check and if necessary change passage of new stuff, that is very important. I was only trying to help you, like Andar was. He didn't say anything wrong, he was only guiding you in the right direction...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In other news, my new computer is now ordered, and I'll have it in my hot little hands by the end of the week! CAN'T WAIT!!!
I've said my cat's name in such a baby-talk manner over the years, Biggs is now Biggoro, Bella is now Bellllyyaah, and somehow.....somehow Tessa is Sessashan
Did a massive ****up in my code that would have caused the game to crash on most computers and almost released an update without noticing it.
I keep thinking today is Thursday.
And I look forward to the next preview thread coming this afternoon.
And then I realise it's not Thursday at all.
And then I get sad :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr