Help with licence agreement

mariannagr1

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone

I am very new here so I primarily want to thank you for all the good work.

I have spent a few busy days reading and testing Ace to determine if it will be my tool for my new commercial game development project.

Before purchasing the product I want to make sure I will not break any copyright laws if I:

1) edit the game.ini file to get rid of RTP, as suggested in the following topic:

I have concluded that this is the best way to make the game to eventually work on MAC OSs, something that I may find profitable to achieve in the future.

2) import, edit and use material from the RTP (tiles, sounds etc) without including the RTP in the commercial release of the game.

I am Greek and sometimes all these EULAs sound a bit... American to me XD.

Thank you again,

Marianna

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) theoretically you can remove the RTP and use your own graphics and sounds, but what does that have to do with a MacOS-version?

If you are interested in deploying your game to other than Windows, it would be a lot easier to use RMMV as that has native export for MacOS, Android-package and iOS-Package (both types of mobile packages need to be compiled with external programs not included in MV)

2) you can import and edit parts of the RTP in your game even if you don't want to use the entire RTP (RTP stands for RunTimePackage and is nothing other than a method of distribution). However, you're still bound by the EULA to the fact that any RTP resources can only be used with RPG-Makers, not with other engines, and that does count for RTP-Edits as well as the original RTP-Resources

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Officially not a mod anymore. Thanks for the many years!
Thinking if i should post on the classifieds section...
Made another plugin showcase video! :kaojoy:
(Plugins and details inside the description of the YouTube video.) :LZScheeze:
Ami
Castle is my Biggest Fear :kaodes:. I just Managed make Part by Part (like the Entrance only),not the Entire Castle like in the RM Sample...
This video really speaks to me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GabrielHell