Help with licence agreement

mariannagr1

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone

I am very new here so I primarily want to thank you for all the good work.

I have spent a few busy days reading and testing Ace to determine if it will be my tool for my new commercial game development project.

Before purchasing the product I want to make sure I will not break any copyright laws if I:

1) edit the game.ini file to get rid of RTP, as suggested in the following topic:

I have concluded that this is the best way to make the game to eventually work on MAC OSs, something that I may find profitable to achieve in the future.

2) import, edit and use material from the RTP (tiles, sounds etc) without including the RTP in the commercial release of the game.

I am Greek and sometimes all these EULAs sound a bit... American to me XD.

Thank you again,

Marianna

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) theoretically you can remove the RTP and use your own graphics and sounds, but what does that have to do with a MacOS-version?

If you are interested in deploying your game to other than Windows, it would be a lot easier to use RMMV as that has native export for MacOS, Android-package and iOS-Package (both types of mobile packages need to be compiled with external programs not included in MV)

2) you can import and edit parts of the RTP in your game even if you don't want to use the entire RTP (RTP stands for RunTimePackage and is nothing other than a method of distribution). However, you're still bound by the EULA to the fact that any RTP resources can only be used with RPG-Makers, not with other engines, and that does count for RTP-Edits as well as the original RTP-Resources

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Accidentally zoomed the browser in on the forums page, here... and I think I'm going to just leave it. #OldPeopleProblems
Spooktober Spooktacular Game Jam Winners announcements start now! Live on stream! See who won!
so, I've begun the process of restructuring my game's base setup entirely after feeling disheartened with progress and talking to a friend. I think I'm headed in the right direction now.
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I'm so excited! I've been exploring MZ a little, and I just downloaded Effekseer to make new animations. I have experience in 3D animation software, so I'll be pretty good at the whole "particle" thing. My first game on MZ will be Fantasy Force--starring a griffin, a dragon, and a pegasus fighting against the Dragon of Darkness.
currently listening to Driftwood Gaming streaming some MZ dev time and it's delightful! had no idea they were this entertaining, love it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zbzikowany