Help with lighting?

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by Momochy, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Momochy

Momochy Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'm still new to using RPG Maker, but I think I've got the hang of how to edit the maps in Photoshop & then import it into VX Ace as an image file (or at least that's what the tutorial I followed said to do). But what I'd like to know is how to add lighting to a scrolling map?

The map I made is too big to fit on screen all at once, so when I add in the lighting file, it won't move with the screen & stays centered. Is it possible to get it to move with the character? Like a script perhaps?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

2. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    if its the same in MV, place an ! in front of it, and place it in the parallax folder if that exist in VX Ace

3. Momochy

Momochy Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks for the suggestion! I tried that, but it didn't work. Though I can't be sure if I'm doing it right

4. Bex

Bex Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In VXAce you need 2 Scripts.
    1.To log the offset scrolling of the Parallax Background, Script by Yanfly:
    https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/utility-scripts/parallax-lock/
    2. A Script by SeerUk to fix Regular Pictures to the Map instead of the Screen(Used for Lighting Pictures).
    https://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/3076-fixed-pictures-for-rmvx-ace-for-parralax-mapping/

There exist a Script for Parallax Mapping which offers much more Options, but its also much more difficult to understand.
    But these are the Basics to create your own Light Map Pictures, or to make a Parallax as Map Floor and so on.

Edit: When you are new you maybe need this Fix Script by Mog Hunter.
    VX-Ace Player Movement Lags when multiple animations are played at once on the Screen. The Script Fixed it, but the Source is expired or i could not find it right away. I dont know if it got Fixed over the Years, just in case.
    Here the Copy Paste:
    Code:
    #==============================================================================
    # +++ MOG - Anti Animation Lag (v1.0) +++
    # By Moghunter
    # http://www.atelier-rgss.com
    # Este script remove as travadas (Lag) relacionadas ao dispose de uma animação.

# Durante a execução do jogo o Rpg Maker VX ACE leva um tempo considerável para
    # ler ou apagar (Dispose) um arquivo. (Imagem, som ou video)
    # O que acaba acarretando pequenas travadas durante o jogo, efeito perceptível
    # ao usar arquivos relativamente pesados. (Arquivos de animações.)
    # NOTA - Este script não elimina as travadas relacionadas ao tempo de leitura
    # de uma animação, apenas ao tempo relacionado para apagar uma animação.

#===============================================================================
    # ■ Game_Temp
    #===============================================================================
    class Game_Temp
      attr_accessor :animation_garbage

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
      # ● Initialize
      alias mog_anti_lag_animation_initialize initialize
      def initialize
          @animation_garbage = []
          mog_anti_lag_animation_initialize
      end

end

# ■ Game System
    class Game_System

attr_accessor :anti_lag_animation

# ● Initialize
      alias mog_antilag_animation_initialize initialize
      def initialize
          @anti_lag_animation = true
          mog_antilag_animation_initialize
      end

end

# ■ SceneManager
    class << SceneManager

# ● Call
      alias mog_anti_lag_animation_call call
      def call(scene_class)
          mog_anti_lag_animation_call(scene_class)
          dispose_animation_garbage
      end

# ● Goto
      alias mog_anti_lag_animation_goto goto
      def goto(scene_class)
          mog_anti_lag_animation_goto(scene_class)
          dispose_animation_garbage
      end

# ● Dispose Animation Garbage
      def dispose_animation_garbage
          return if $game_temp.animation_garbage == nil
          for animation in $game_temp.animation_garbage
              animation.dispose
          end
          $game_temp.animation_garbage = nil
      end

end

# ■ Game Map
    class Game_Map

# ● Setup
      alias mog_anti_lag_animation_setup setup
      def setup(map_id)
          SceneManager.dispose_animation_garbage
          mog_anti_lag_animation_setup(map_id)
      end

end

# ■ Scene Base
    class Scene_Base

# ● Terminate
      alias mog_anti_lag_animation_terminate terminate
      def terminate
          mog_anti_lag_animation_terminate
          SceneManager.dispose_animation_garbage
      end

end

# ■ Sprite Base
    class Sprite_Base < Sprite

# ● Dispose Animation
      alias mog_anti_lag_animation_dispose_animation dispose_animation
      def dispose_animation
          if $game_system.anti_lag_animation
             execute_animation_garbage
             return
          end
          mog_anti_lag_animation_dispose_animation
      end

# ● Execute Animation Garbage
      def execute_animation_garbage
          $game_temp.animation_garbage = [] if $game_temp.animation_garbage == nil
          if @ani_bitmap1
             @@_reference_count[@ani_bitmap1] -= 1
            if @@_reference_count[@ani_bitmap1] == 0
                $game_temp.animation_garbage.push(@ani_bitmap1)
             end
          end
          if @ani_bitmap2
             @@_reference_count[@ani_bitmap2] -= 1
             if @@_reference_count[@ani_bitmap2] == 0
                $game_temp.animation_garbage.push(@ani_bitmap2)
            end
         end
         if @ani_sprites
            @ani_sprites.each {|sprite| sprite.dispose }
            @ani_sprites = nil
            @animation = nil
         end
         @ani_bitmap1 = nil
         @ani_bitmap2 = nil
      end 

end

$rgss3_mog_anti_lag_animation = true

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  5. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    'Resources' is where people who have made resources such as, for example, tiles and sprites which they want to share with others can post them.

@ShadowDragon It is very different in Ace.

I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

6. Bex

Bex Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Besides the Script to Scroll Offset Fix, your Lightning Picture needs also the correct size.
    Size X x 32
    Size Y x 32
    20x15 Map would be 640x480 Pixel big Picture.

If you need your Map as reference, i believe there was a Script somewhere that helps making a screenshot of your whole Map. Not sure never used it.
    Edit: I seem to have found it.
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/map-screenshot.2894/