thegod

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
Hey there,

so i'm trying to start a battle processing - boss battle - however i keep getting this :s

i've checked the folders and i dont have this image -
i got the rpg maker mv on steam for pc with some added bonus packs.

also how do give each enemy a different background?

thank youu! :)

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Either put an image in the battlebacks folder that is named SF_Gothic2.png or you can change the battleback in the map editor. Changing the battleback in the troop tab in database will not work when playing the game, it's only for test play purposes.

To give different enemies a unique background you have change the map properties before you begin the battle process because it won't work after the battle process has started. So if you are eventing your enemy encounters you can change the map properties prior to the battle process starting. Besides doing it that way, you'd need to look a plugin.

thegod

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
Either put an image in the battlebacks folder that is named SF_Gothic2.png or you can change the battleback in the map editor. Changing the battleback in the troop tab in database will not work when playing the game, it's only for test play purposes.

To give different enemies a unique background you have change the map properties before you begin the battle process because it won't work after the battle process has started. So if you are eventing your enemy encounters you can change the map properties prior to the battle process starting. Besides doing it that way, you'd need to look a plugin.
GOT YOU, THANKS

I DID A SEARCH ON THIS FORUM FOR GOTHIC AND FOUND SOMEONE POSTED IT AND I PUT THEM IN THE FOLDER, ITS WORKING NOW!

WHERE CAN I FIND THE MAP EDITOR?

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
right click the map, from the list on the left, to bring up the properties page for that particular map. Sorry, previously I said map editor, but technically the whole main screen you see is the map editor. I should have said map properties tab

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

And back. Trying to work online with no internet for 1.5 days was...interesting. I felt like a character in a old Sierra game trying to find internet due to all the hoops I had to jump through just to get online for work.
grief... if MV didn't have certain plugins already, I think I'd upgrade to MZ. seeing like 10 MV plugins in 1 MZ one is hilariously convenient lol.
Have you already checkes out my mapping tutorial on the blog? I would love to hear your feedback and things you'd like to see in the future!

one of character for my upcoming game idk how to design o_O

Designing patches that can 'augmented' to clothing based armor. Such good fun. A bit time consuming due to the need to create image displays, but the patches are limited so it's not too tiring.
Note: lol, posting this made me find a couple mistakes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilKeepItReal