Locky

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Hello, so I am making a visual novel game on RPG Maker and I was wondering on how to make a visual novel feature work on VX Ace. So basically, I want to put Save, Load and Exit buttons above the dialogue box and making the player to be able to perform those functions at any time. But, I don't know how to do this. I have found something like the thing I want (a script that allows me to open menu during dialogue) but it is not the same thing, so is it possible to make this work?

Also, is there a way to make the pictures to appear on screen better? With the way I'm doing, the pictures are popping out of nowhere, so is there a way to make the images appear smoothly and also to move them around the screen in a smooth way? 

BoredSoul

Probably Drunk
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You'll need to request a script.

But if you're writing a visual novel,I recommend you wait for Visual Novel Maker.It's coming out REALLY SOON,and some of this community are pretty hyped.

Better an engine that's more focused on visual novels for a visual novel than an engine focused on RPGs for a visual novel.

Locky

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
You'll need to request a script.

But if you're writing a visual novel,I recommend you wait for Visual Novel Maker.It's coming out REALLY SOON,and some of this community are pretty hyped.

Better an engine that's more focused on visual novels for a visual novel than an engine focused on RPGs for a visual novel.

Oh, I see.

This is the first time I heard about that project and it looks pretty good. Can't wait for it.

Welp, I will see what I can try to do with what I have at the moment.  

BoredSoul

Probably Drunk
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm pretty sure it uses eventing,like all of the RM series.

It describes itself as "the newest installment of the Maker Series."

There's also a  thread on this forum dedicated to it,but it'll be used more when it's out.

Welp, I will see what I can try to do with what I have at the moment.  

Okay,but once again,I recommend you wait.It's coming soon,this winter.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Also, is there a way to make the pictures to appear on screen better? With the way I'm doing, the pictures are popping out of nowhere, so is there a way to make the images appear smoothly and also to move them around the screen in a smooth way?

You can set the opacity of the picture when you show it, so you can set it to a low opacity then put a few frame wait, then use change picture to adjust the opacity and repeat until you achieve the needed opacity. Same with movement, use change picture to move the image bit by bit. 

Or you can look for that script here which allows smooth "animation" of images via simple calls..

As for the save-load-exit, I have a script that allows you to have quicksave/load buttons that work even while an event is running https://lescripts.wordpress.com/rgss3/quick-saveload/

Now if you want the save/load menu to be openable while an event is running, I also have one for it but it's on my computer... 

Or as they said, wait for VN maker

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Jeżeli jeszcze nie subskrybujecie to byłoby nam bardzo miło.
1.png
Potrzebujemy 100 subów na niestandardowy URL.
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.
A lot to learn to make a game. Can I handle it?
I've been working on status effects since last thursday, and today I finished the core mechanic of Zombie, Teleport, Curse and Recall. Zombie and Curse are lacking a few things to make them complete atm. Teleport though is the "HAHA" spell for some of my mobs, but can "NOPE" at them with Recall.
I'm weird as there are a few game franchises I'll watch and read about, but have no interest in playing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaywwttfff