Levolpehh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. I'm currently working on a scene within the menu where the goal is show multiple pictures/sprites. I've managed to figure out the whole scene building and making the sprites part, but actually making them intractable is proving difficult and I have no idea what to do. I was recommended Pixi before but that's something I'm nowhere near familiar with enough to use. :hswt:

Goal is to be able to use the sprites either like a command window where you press up/down/left/right and can cycle between them which I figured I can do by assigning each a number/variable and allowing or disabling movement in each direction based on the variable then changing the variable to match each sprite then finally be able to press them to make stuff happen. But I have absolutely no idea how I'd go about doing this. I've been looking at other plugins for reference like Moghunter's menu/scenes and few others but I just get lost. (Could also allow it to be compatible with mouse or strictly mouse, depending on which is easier to achieve)

And before it's recommended, I'd rather not use a picture/common event menu. I've tried that already and it's far too convoluted for how many things I need to check. I've also checked out Soulpar's Sprite Buttons tutorial but didn't have much success following it, as I think its uses are rather limited to the title screen.. I'm honestly new to js scripting and the project I'm working on is probably way too big for my ability but I'm determined to get it done! Any help figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Do you guys think it's better to have all members in your team from the beginning (then you can pick who battles) or you gain team members as the story goes?
PL: Patch polonizujący do RPG Makera 2003 prawie gotowy! Mamy przetłumaczoną bazę danych (projekt), polskie fonty, wiadomości walki i jakieś 90% edytora.
Do przetłumacznia pozostało te 10% edytora i plik pomocy. Niedługo więcej informacji!

Defeating a boss in Aletoirs Feast means a bunch of rewards, one of them is the "awesome loot crates" a gift that gives you a random piece of equipment ¡Totally Free! and with 4 types of crates rarity who knows? maybe you will get a legendary weapon in your first run
English is funny. You want to survive. You want to be a survivor. You definitely DON'T want to "be survived by" anyone tho, trust me.
RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue: Dark and Bright starts now! Hit the link and join us in chat as Studio Blue plays this unique looking commercial RPG Maker game from Rinober!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tremoon