EleanorAdelaide

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Question.png

I've been searching the internet for the solution but I probably suck at it (and making RPG games)...
I don't know how to make an event where I can toggle a metal door to slide so it can be passable, and then pressing the action button again to "slide" the metal door back. The event I want to make is similar to a part in "Ao Oni" where you can slide metal doors side to side.

I'm really sorry to take some of your time away for my selfish request but any help is appreciated!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It depends on what kind of pictures you have - are those doors tiles or sprites?

EleanorAdelaide

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It depends on what kind of pictures you have - are those doors tiles or sprites?

I'm using a tile from the "Indoor Tileset"... Am I supposed to use a specific type?

Provois

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I think the best way to do this is to make a charackter sheet with the door and make a move route for the slide animation.

Last edited:

EleanorAdelaide

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the best way to do this is to make a charackter sheet with the door and make a move route for the slide animation.
That may be the solution, I'll try it out!

Tatsumaro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i remember that being posted in forum, you just need to search the forum this is already done

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've just finished organizing music files from a music Humble Bundle I purchased a while ago (putting in specific themed playlists, deleting from playlists, deciding which games they'll be used for. etc.). I'm feeling pretty confident that the sound design for my games will be up to high standards. Sound design seems to be relatively under-discussed as a topic in game development imo.
So I just got back from SeaWorld and I'm back to working on my game. I'm stuck on Shadowstar, mainly due to needing two more princesses... I have all the canon and toy princesses, plus Sunset Shimmer just for kicks. I decided not to include Cadence since this isn't in that era. But... I'm going to have to design two OCs now.
I'm completely missing on this site :kaodes: How's everybody doing lately?
3dlm3XK.jpg
I'm looking at/working through a simple game tutorial. Town, dungeon, boss; town, dungeon, boss; etc. (Thanks, Yanfly!) I'm itching to make something complex but experience (and past disappointment!) tell me to go slow and learn.

Rome certainly wasn't built in a day. 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
SF_People1_2 added!
index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot-Fuxs