HazukiWolfe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
so I watched this video and followed it but it doesn't show how to get the mines to respawn. could someone help me out?

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you explain the details about respawning?
For example, should they respawn every time you enter the Map?
The Eventcode in the Tutorial seems a little bit overcomplicated, but as long its work...

HazukiWolfe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can you explain the details about respawning?
For example, should they respawn every time you enter the Map?
The Eventcode in the Tutorial seems a little bit overcomplicated, but as long its work...

I want them to respawn like every 30 minuets

HazukiWolfe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I tried it but for some reason I can't get it to work v.v

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: I got something...

The approach would be:
Yanflys Event Self Variables Plugin. One can transform normal Variables into Self Variables by including this in its name: Self Var
http://yanfly.moe/2016/08/06/yep-113-self-switches-variables-rpg-maker-mv/

Than i wouldcreate 2 Self Variables.
One for the amount of times the Stone got mined.
One for the Time stamp. Yes we dont use a Timer, we use a Time stamp and the standard inbuild total game time.
Thatway it doesnt matter when we check if something has to respawn.
--------------------------------------
For example when setting a Timestamp:
Self Var 1 Timestamp = Game Time
Self Var 1 Timestamp + 120 (2Minutes)
---------------------------------------
Here the example for the Ore Event. The magic in the Common Event is not included
yet, but it works as is.
Most of the code can be included in the Common Event, like the timestamp,minedxtimes, and even the break mechanic, in case every iron breaks after 3 times, its better to have it in common event in case you want it suddenly to be 5 times, than changing every event is much work, instead of changing just the CE, there are so many different ways to do something, so i hope this helps as example for future edits.
helpbc01.PNG
helpbc02.PNG
helpbc03.PNG
Edit:
And finally the control Event:
helpbc04.PNG
Code:
for (var a = 1; a <= 999; a++) {
 if (!!$gameMap.event(a)) {   // check that event exists
  if (this.getSelfVariableValue($gameMap.mapId(), a, 1) > 0 )  {
   if ($gameVariables.value(3) >= this.getSelfVariableValue($gameMap.mapId(), a, 1)) {
    $gameSelfSwitches.setValue([$gameMap._mapId, a, 'B'], true)
  } } } }

The Mechanic Works, if you have trouble with it let me know.
If you get it to Work, i can help you setting up the common event.
The CE is not needed for it to work at the moment.

The Ore Event is simply Copy and Pasting, no need to adjust anything thanks to Yanfly's Self Variables Script.

Last edited:

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for double Post, but i posted to early yesterday, than i had to rework my answer twice, me to hasty again.
But finally i found something that could work for you. I hope this helps somehow.

HazukiWolfe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry for double Post, but i posted to early yesterday, than i had to rework my answer twice, me to hasty again.
But finally i found something that could work for you. I hope this helps somehow.
I'm having a bit of a problem. I made an event just as you did it but in game, even before I use the mine, it's already on that mines second event page.

Last edited:

HazukiWolfe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I was able to get it to work and respawn like I want but now if there are more than 3 mines on the map, when entering the map it will play one of the event tabs where the player misses.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you show Pictures of your created Event?
I made Pictures for my answer, because in the past people got confused without them.
I changed how it works, i didnt like that the tutorial uses 4 eventpages to determine which item to give to the player, thats totaly not needed and can be added later on. I just got the basic event (mine a few times and respawn time).
Did you implement Yanflys Self Variables Plugin?

HazukiWolfe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
These are the event pages I have.
Event P1.PNG Event P2.PNG Event P3.PNG Event P4.PNG Event P5.PNG Event P6.PNG Event P7.PNG

Last edited:

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How about just rebuilding the Event i showed you, than tellling what is missing and we help you implement it.
I dont see how i could combine my shown approach with the tutorial event. That would be the next steps when the basic event runs on your end.

But i get that a normal Ore Note can give you different Ores, we dont need different Eventpages for that, its not even needed for the Basic Mechanic. I would recomment implementing that in the next steps to come. Else it gets to complicate at once.

Sorry my english aint the best and iam just a casual user who likes this kind of Event Mechanics.

Edit:
- You showed Eventpage 5 twice, and Page 6 is missing.

Edit2: Sorry i was a little stubborn, when i have time, i could try and redo it with the multi event pages like in the tutorial and in your approach. But than you have less flexibility later on.

Last edited:

HazukiWolfe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry I uploaded them when I was tired lol. Page 6 is there now. and its ok ^_^. All I want if for people to mine it and get copper and a random chance to get some gems and coal and for it to take 30 minutes to respawn. What I have now does work but now there is a bug I'm getting where for some reason, Page 2 goes off when the player enters the cave and tells them that they missed.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah now i understand more with the Pictures.
I guess this error only happens when you mined the Note and you left the Map and than reentered it?
I believe this has something to do with your Plugin Timer. And i have no clue how it works.
do you have a Link to the Plugin?
Why not using the Solution showed above in the Control Event Pictures?
It realy works and your multi eventpage stuff can also be included without problem.

You are missing an Eventpage between Page 1 and 2 with page condition self switch A and a empty ore Note, its needed for when the Note is empty.

HazukiWolfe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
this is the only plugin that I'm using http://sumrndm.site/wait-options/

My husband tried what you put up but for some reason it didn't work. I'll try my hand at it though.

I don't know much about this kind of stuff so I honestly barely know what I'm doing lol

Edit: So I did it your way but its not respawning v.v

Edit 2: ok so I noticed that your code reacts to my mine. The miss message doesn't show up and the mines work fine just for one thing. some of them look like they can be mined but then it says there is no more ore. but once they respawn they do have ore some times

Last edited:

Nilom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You probably should first think about how you want your mining to function in detail, instead of copying what the guy from the video has.

Do you want your player to be able to get rarer materials out of the same nodes if they get better at mining or do you want them to have access to more special nodes when they get better?
How many times should they be able to mine each node? Should it be exactly 1 time, a random time between 1-X or should it be dependent on their pickaxe or mining skill?
Should the player be able to miss while mining?

You should rethink how you want your mining to work in detail. If you know this we can suggest you how to do it more easily.

I second what Bex is saying. The multi-page events are over complicated and prone to bugs. 1-2 Pages should be enough.

Also I would highly suggest using a common event for mining. If you want to make changes to how your mining works later you do not need to edit probably hundreds of events.

HazukiWolfe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
His video was the closest I could find for what I want.

♥I want the player to be able to mine 1-5 times with the base pickax and then get more chances with higher pickaxes
♥I do want the player to have a chance to get some gems with each ore but I don't want it to be at a high chance as there will be mines for the gems
♥ I want the mines to respawn after 30 minutes
♥ with better pickaxes they get more ore instead of just 1 ore every hit with the base pickax

Nilom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So with a better pickaxe the player can mine more times and mine more ore each time? Do you want your players to swim in ores? :LZSgrin:
Also where exactly does the mining skill come into play with your concept? Do you want the mining efficiency only be dependent on the pickaxe and not use a mining skill?

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have an idea, I am making low polygon 3D resources for a package in itch. but it occurred to me that I could export these as images and make MV / MZ compatible tilesets. What do you think of this?
I hate seeing threads where less-experienced user's ask for an opinion of their project, and the thread is full of negative feedback by others who are clearly not the target audience. I feel bad for the OP, and I hope they understand that no game can appeal to everyone. :frown:
Hm, just found out I can't use loops, yay.
-Ele
I just wanna Covid to be over and I have my normal life back... Feeling so bad these days, what can I do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheusFrag