ougitou1

Invisible Black
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en-
Primarily Uses
N/A
hi i've been having trouble with this fer a while now and it seems that i'm no closer to solving this issue so ill ask for help.
how does one manipulate the visibility of windows through script and is it less costly to hide it or disable it to turn it on again when needed. thanks i appreciate any and all info.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
windows are scene objects, so if you want to grab a window from outside the scene you need to grab the scene first.
usually whatever instruction you send to the program is run at scene level, because only one can be active at any time, so you'd just grab the window directly, but if you're working at common event level, you have to grab the scene first.

when you jump in between windows via sub menus or buttons, you're disabling and enabling windows as you go.
even tho things seem to run in parallel, only one object of one window of one scene is ever active at one given time, so when you make one window active, everything else goes inactive by default.

that's Interface-101, for these games: scene, window, cursor.
and when you're not handing cursors, you're handling the player, which runs in a separate scene with another structure.

ougitou1

Invisible Black
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en-
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmm ok, my problem lies in the fact that the windows in my current scene are not active but still very visible, and in being visible when it’s not necessary it takes away from the fluidity of the menu system and thus causes a problem. Also the frame rate seems to drop with lower devices when more windows visible?
Anyway I’d like to know how to disable and hide windows. For the reason mentioned above, it kinda... uh... protrudes?? @gstv87

Last edited:

ougitou1

Invisible Black
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en-
Primarily Uses
N/A
This query has been solved, pease close this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Rpg MZ looking good! Not much of a fan of the graphics for world tiles, but love the changes for sprites and movement preview!
Before I am done with even one game, I am going to need Psychiatric assistance after doing all these sprites!
Still I am improving, Spriting not mental fortitude.
It's still early days, and I was going to keep this under wraps until development is a bit further along, but I'm just so damn proud of how robust the integrity-checking in this plugin is that I have to share it.
Do you think the new RPG Maker MZ has support for Android devices ?
JDgoldvox wrote on Mr. Detective's profile.
hey, could u help me with a problem? basically, How do I delete a character from a map after a cut scene is over? I am really new with RPG maker MV. Please help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdamEternal