Kokonaugt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!
I'm using a somewhat small resolution for my MV project (768*720, a NES resolution with 3 times enlarged pixels) and I'm having some trouble setting up the menus.
Overall it's starting to work ok, but I want to move some elements around :

menuscreen01.jpg

Here the names of the characters don't properly align with the Face portraits, and the column to the right (with the Class name, HP, SP and RP) should be moved a bit to the left.

My main problem is with the Skill menu: the HP, SP and RP elements are pushed too much to the right and are cut.
If possible I'd like to push them a bit more to the left, and possibly make the command window less wide, to gain a bit of space.

1598245048729.png

I tried to look into the rpg_windows.js file to see if I could find what values to edit, but I have absolutely no idea where to look, could one of you help me find the values I need to tweak?
Thanks a lot in advance! :)

EDIT : I managed to fix the "Skill Window" problem by making a small concession on the game resolution (it's now 846*720, an adjusted NES resolution? but still with square pixels? eh whatever), but the alignment in the main menu window is still not ideal. It's really tolerable, but if a good soul still feels like helping me figuring out the rpg_windows.js file, I'd be super grateful.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You might try Yanfly’s Main Menu Manager. I believe it makes editing those elements easier.

Kokonaugt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, it doesn't seem to allow X and Y position offset of the indiviual elements (at least in a way I can understand?). It seems more designed to add submenus and options while keeping the basic structure? Frankly I'm not 100% sure.
Changing the game resolution seems to have solved most of my problems (including the Skill window one) though it's not exactly how I want it to look, but it's definitely good enough for the moment (and for a first project, I don't want to spend too much time on polishing things that don't matter that much in the end).

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I may have been thinking of a different plugin. You might check out SRD’s plugins. I know he has a few menu plugins.

Kokonaugt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah I saw the videos and they seem aaaawesome but it also looks like they are offline ? I didn't manage to download a single one, each time I got a message telling me the page is not loading.
Also I saw a bunch of people saying they didn't work anymore after one of MV's update (1.5 ? ). It's a shame because it looks like some very impressive pieces of external software.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Currently working on the second protagonist's story and her companion, making good progress. But I am looking forward to return to my other protagonist and continue his story and have him joined by a new companion. :)
mlogan wrote on alltheyuriz's profile.
Please be aware that our Status rules ask members not to make more than 2 status updates in 24 hours.
rux
Just 80% of my motivation on game making lmao, anyone got tips on how to not be unmotivated?
I've signed up for a job training program for people with Asperger's Syndrome. I went to a "test run" today so they could see how well I did with simple jobs, and I amazed them. Most new people do it in 30+ minutes, while I finished in a mere 15 minutes. Gives me time to work on a screenplay for Studio MDHR...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Springy120