esterk

Lovable Rogue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone, sorry for the vague title - I'm not really sure how exactly to describe the issue I'm running into with a short and concise description.

Basically, I have a cutscene that runs in the game where a character is speaking while moving. However, if the player pages through the text too fast, it can cause the movement route to get stopped (due to catching up to another move event I have in the event), which puts the event at an awkward spot for the rest of the cutscene.

My question is - is there a way to get this to run so that the event always finishes the initial movement route before doing any other movement routes, while still talking and moving at the same time? Hopefully I'm making myself clear. I have posted some screenshots of what I have in my event and maybe you can understand what I am having a problem with. Please ask questions if I am not being clear - I'm pretty sure there is an easy fix for this that I am just not thinking of.

Thank you in advance! :)

Attachments

• move-issue1.JPG
    move-issue1.JPG
    384.3 KB · Views: 3
  • move-issue2.JPG
    move-issue2.JPG
    361.4 KB · Views: 3
  • move-issue-3.JPG
    move-issue-3.JPG
    376.5 KB · Views: 3

ozubon

surströmming?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can control switches from movement route, so let's have the event turn on a switch in the route when it has done all its moves.
Then just above/before the next movement route you add a loop. And in the loop you add a conditional branch that checks if the switch is on. If it is on, then break the loop ;)

esterk

Lovable Rogue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh this worked! Thanks so much! :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

unintentionally made a track that sounds straight out of Yume Nikki
Revisiting one of my older projects in a long time to work some more on the mechanics. I've been working on- and off-again for about a year now on recreating the Force and Mystic systems from Wild ARMs. And I think I've finally made some good breakthroughs on that!

Still, it is not perfect and I may post my thoughts at a later time to see if there are any other suggestions or alternatives I've missed.
actor name string, why you gotta be case sensitive like that?
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th October 2021

My entire world, full of monsters and treasures, will likely be done by the end of the year. After that it's all NPCs and side quests... then done. I'm never making an open world game again xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ukeo