Help with MP Damage being shown in Custom React Effect (Yanfly Buffs & States Core)

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

I'm having a minor visual problem that nontheless keeps nagging at me.

I've created a "Magic Guard" effect that works like a guard effect, except it blocks up to 75% of the incoming damage but reduces the mp by 1/4 of the original damage.
(Basically, a shield is created that absorbs the blow)

The effect is made as a react effect (http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Buffs_&_States_Core_(YEP)) that is attached to a "Magic Guard" State.
JavaScript:
<Custom Apply Effect>
user.startAnimation(39);
</Custom Apply Effect>
<Custom React Effect>
if (value > 0 && target.mp >= 1 && this.isHpEffect()) {
var mpMod = Math.floor(value * 0.25);
var mpDmg = Math.min(mpMod, target.mp);
target.gainMp(-mpDmg);
value -= (mpDmg * 3);
if (target.mp === 0) {
target.removeState(4);
}
}
</Custom React Effect>
It works well, but there's one problem:
While the MP is reduced correctly, the mp damage is not visually displayed as it would be with a damage attack dealing mp damage. (No blue -12 MP text appearing).

While this is only a visual bug, not a functional one, is there some way I can make the mp.damage popup show above the character?
It seems inconsistent to hide the effects consequences unless the player actually watches the MP bar and sees the undisplayed mp damage.

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I made a Plugin for MP/TP popups.
Have a look: TSR_TP_popup.js
Certainly looks interesting, but I've got a few questions.

1. Can this plugin be used in addition to Moghunter's Damage Popups? Because we're currently using that one to have the special floating combat text.

2. Does it actually allow MP damage to be shown per popup if the acting type is a STATE? I've seen the items & skills notetags, but I'm using a custom react effect which changes the damage but does not directly interact with the skill itself.
custom react.png
That's also why Yanfly does not display the MP damage, since this isn't a skill but a reaction within a state.

3. The TSR_Damage.png with the new effects looks interesting.
Can the sheet itself be modified to add new additional popup effects and to call these via specific command? For example, I want another effect called "WEAK" to appear, but only when a specific skill is used which is supposed to force that popup to occur at a specific time? Can I both increase the size of the Damage sheet, as well as force those popups to be displayed. (For example during a Yanfly Combat Animation sequence via script command?)

4. The +/- Operators are a nice idea, but given that they're part of the picture, can I conclude that it's also possible to just not show them?

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello again!
1. Can this plugin be used in addition to Moghunter's Damage Popups? Because we're currently using that one to have the special floating combat text.
That remains to be tested. If you ever do test it, thanks for reporting any issues.

Does it actually allow MP damage to be shown per popup if the acting type is a STATE? I've seen the items & skills notetags, but I'm using a custom react effect which changes the damage but does not directly interact with the skill
I'm not sure what's your exact game mechanic for this, but I test the <custom apply effect> script you provided above and whenever an enemy is affected by the state containing the notetag, a MP damage popup is shown along with the hp damage popup when the enemy receive a hit. No need for a notetag, just having the Plugin installed

3. The TSR_Damage.png with the new effects looks interesting.
Can the sheet itself be modified to add new additional popup effects and to call these via specific command? For example, I want another effect called "WEAK" to appear, but only when a specific skill is used which is supposed to force that popup to occur at a specific time? Can I both increase the size of the Damage sheet, as well as force those popups to be displayed. (For example during a Yanfly Combat Animation sequence via script command?)
I allow people to edit both the Plugin file and the Sprite sheet to fit their liking (check my ToU for further details) so yeah, anything is possible.

4. The +/- Operators are a nice idea, but given that they're part of the picture, can I conclude that it's also possible to just not show them?
All the visual feature of the Plugin have a Enable/Disable option in the Plugin parameter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL
I friend of mine insisted on practicing dubbing things with him... and its quite funny, yet, it really takes a huge amount of practice!
Gotta save this for my next thread later...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lupom