Pearsona

Trash Goblin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, so I'm developing a game that has a rather unique battle system. Essentially, you divide your pool of party members (and you'll have a bunch, like 20) into smaller groups of 3-4, switch between controlling them on the map, and challenge various enemies.

I managed to get this system working with HimeWorks party manager plugin, and it works perfectly! Except for the inventories. You see, your parties are all on the same map, all on the same side of a fight, and are really only separated into these groups for fights. Think of it like a Fire Emblem game or one of the Devil Survivor games.

By default, HimeWorks' plugin has party inventories separated. As you only get items outside of battle, and only control the main party outside of battle, this sucks. Items are incredibly necessary for this battle system, as many in-battle skills require items. I asked for support on how to merge inventories, but there was no way to do it, apparently. I can't seem to find a good, direct way to get in touch with HimeWorks themselves.

This is awful, and I can only imagine how miserable players will be if I throw my hands up and go 'oh well, only the main character gets to have items!' because then certain characters will be completely useless, and there will be almost no way to use extremely helpful skills such as healing and status effects.

I know I could get around this by doing some of my own programming, but here's the issue... I'm not a programmer. I know some of the barest basics, and sure, I've made a Twine game or two in my life, but while I understand the logic of programming, I don't know Javascript or how to make RPGMV plugins. Or, well, any plugins, for that matter. I can make small code alterations with lots of instruction, but that's really it...

So, I need help. Here's what I'm looking for:
  1. An easy-ish, user-friendly way to make item trading between the various parties a possibility. This may be a bit of a pain for the players, but it's not the end of the world. HimeWorks' plugin doesn't offer a way to do this naturally, but maybe with one of Yanfly's custom common event menus, it'd be possible... but I have no idea how one would go about doing that.
  2. -OR- An alternative script to HimeWorks that achieves the same effect (Separate parties you can freely switch between) without making the inventories the same. Thankfully, I haven't done much work on the game itself, I've only done engine-testing and such - so I don't mind if I have to rework things from the ground up. There isn't much to re-do, after all.
Those are the only two solutions I can think of, but if you have another idea that doesn't fit into those two categories, by all means - let me know! I'm all ears. I love this system I've created, and I really want to make it work. I'm also willing to answer further questions about what I'm hoping to do with this system, if anything's unclear!

If anyone could help me out with this, I'd be eternally grateful. Perhaps I'll even name my firstborn after you, I dunno.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Plug-in Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Pearsona

Trash Goblin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry about that, all my years on this forum and I still get a little confused about which forums to post on, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I need to remember that if i want to learn to map like a pro, I need to spend hours doing it like a noob again and again… also, a cool map sometimes has hours/even days of work behind. I need to remember that too.
Yo there how's it going rpg community.
It's raining non stop since yesterday. The sound of the rain is so soothing.
I really miss the old style disney animated movies. I guess the last one was The Princess and the Frog from 2009. Now I am trying to collect every single one I can get on BD or DVD.
What I've seen from the MZ tiles looks pretty inconsistent, bleh. Every plant seems to be drawn in a different style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReaperERAZE