Xana43

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ok, before I get into things I need to share a little bit of backstory. in my attempt to try and learn how to do everything with RPGmaker's GUI I started to teach myself how to do a ton of things RPGmaker can do with programming. (I even have the script calls bookmarked). I started to even check the documentation for the framework used (nwjs) and found a "protect your source code" section in the documentation. This eventually lead me into finding the "RPG Maker MV Cooking Tool" which from what I understood used nwjc to compile all the javascript files into native code (which is attractive to me because more encryption and faster runtime performance) the only issue of course is that it was for rmmv, so I did what I could to interpolate the instructions to rmmz. the issue i'm having here is that unlike rmmv where is loads all the scripts in the "js" folder using index.html and then goes on it's marry way, rmmz has to load them from a browser context as it has to emulate a database in order to get past the chromium local security. I had to rummage though the javascript files (rmmz_managers, main) to see how it was loading everything. when I edit main to be loaded (using the documentation from nwjs.io) I get the error "Undefined" because when I use the function "nw.Window.get().evalNWBin(null,url)" (where url is the name of the file it's loading) it simply doesn't load it, it just shows up in the dev console as "<script src = "undefined"></script>" I know there's a way to do this (it's on the documentation) but I'm too much of a noob at javascript (I mainly learned C# and python) and even more of a noob at nwjs.

TLDR; I need help effectively cooking an Rpgmaker MZ game

Xana43

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Xana43

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Xana43

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Xana43, please do not bump your topic unless it has been 72 hours later since your last post. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Providing a link to the tool you are using might be of some help.

Xana43

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
[bump]@Xana43[/bump]

Providing a link to the tool you are using might be of some help.
sorry for bumping so much, I didn't read the rules because the rule page was refusing to load for me,
anyways the tool that i'm using is part of the nwjs sdk

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ok, before I get into things I need to share a little bit of backstory. in my attempt to try and learn how to do everything with RPGmaker's GUI I started to teach myself how to do a ton of things RPGmaker can do with programming. (I even have the script calls bookmarked). I started to even check the documentation for the framework used (nwjs) and found a "protect your source code" section in the documentation. This eventually lead me into finding the "RPG Maker MV Cooking Tool" which from what I understood used nwjc to compile all the javascript files into native code (which is attractive to me because more encryption and faster runtime performance) the only issue of course is that it was for rmmv, so I did what I could to interpolate the instructions to rmmz. the issue i'm having here is that unlike rmmv where is loads all the scripts in the "js" folder using index.html and then goes on it's marry way, rmmz has to load them from a browser context as it has to emulate a database in order to get past the chromium local security. I had to rummage though the javascript files (rmmz_managers, main) to see how it was loading everything. when I edit main to be loaded (using the documentation from nwjs.io) I get the error "Undefined" because when I use the function "nw.Window.get().evalNWBin(null,url)" (where url is the name of the file it's loading) it simply doesn't load it, it just shows up in the dev console as "<script src = "undefined"></script>" I know there's a way to do this (it's on the documentation) but I'm too much of a noob at javascript (I mainly learned C# and python) and even more of a noob at nwjs.

TLDR; I need help effectively cooking an Rpgmaker MZ game
Not saying I have the answer, but trying to probe for more information about the problem so others may be more willing to help. Reading a block of text like you've written here is a bit difficult.
I get hung up from the part:
when I edit main to be loaded...
It sounds like you updated something in main.js and now nothing is working/loading? Or were you trying to extend it by adding new files to be loaded (like your own custom set of plugins?), but THOSE aren't being found?

(I'm just not sure I follow.)

Xana43

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Not saying I have the answer, but trying to probe for more information about the problem so others may be more willing to help. Reading a block of text like you've written here is a bit difficult.
I get hung up from the part:

It sounds like you updated something in main.js and now nothing is working/loading? Or were you trying to extend it by adding new files to be loaded (like your own custom set of plugins?), but THOSE aren't being found?

(I'm just not sure I follow.)
in retrospect, I maybe should've structured the whole post better (I wrote this after I spent 2 days without sleep trying to solve the issue)

What I'm basically saying is that when I use NW.js' javascript compiler, I have to change the references to the library files in main.js (so like pixi.js becomes pixi.bin) it loads enough to launch the game, but not enough to load the plugins.

I have a feeling I may never find an answer :(

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If you feel like your story isn't that great, just look at final fantasy.
My original idea of a quest where you just paid money to complete it (it made sense in context) somehow got turned into decorate a table with a variety of choices so that the majority of players will have different looking tables.
XGkudjn.png

Latest custom tileset work for Raptor Revolt includes beach debris and palm tree. Can't wait to go to the beach!
Doing RPG Maker News #13 | More Yokai, Overworld Edits, Actor Specific Movement, Ultra Localization
One year on, one year off seems to be my theme lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2ne_626