Cecil199

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I recorded my voice saying the opening and I implemented it into my game. but I also want to show scrolling text as I'm reading it out loud. But for whatever reason if I put Play BGM first then the text they start almost together but it doesn't end it replays 2 and half times before the game starts now if i remove the text all together and leave the BGM and the wait frames its perfect someone please help.

Attachments

• rsz_1rpg_maker_opening.png
    rsz_1rpg_maker_opening.png
    717.2 KB · Views: 12

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The reason its looping is because your playing it as a BGM file, BGMS are set to loop in rpg maker mv by default. Try placing it in either SE, or ME folder, and play it as a sound effect or music effect.

Cecil199

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The reason its looping is because your playing it as a BGM file, BGMS are set to loop in rpg maker mv by default. Try placing it in either SE, or ME folder, and play it as a sound effect or music effect.
So that makes it only play once but after it finishes it doesn't continue to the game its just silent black screen.

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try placing the fade in screen before the map transfer command? I don't do much eventing in all honesty Im just guessing at this point lol.. If not try adding a parallel or autorun event on the map your transfering to that fades in there? Not sure. Just some things to try.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Moving the fade in shouldn't be necessary.

@Cecil199 Are you waiting long enough? If all you did was swap the BGM command for an SE, and put it up top, it looks like you've set it to play while the text scrolls, and then you have 25 seconds of wait commands before it will continue with the event.

Cecil199

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Moving the fade in shouldn't be necessary.

@Cecil199 Are you waiting long enough? If all you did was swap the BGM command for an SE, and put it up top, it looks like you've set it to play while the text scrolls, and then you have 25 seconds of wait commands before it will continue with the event.
Its 60 frames per 1 sec and my voice clip is 25 seconds thats why I have the wait placed after the text but it just continues to be a black screen for about 10 seconds after the voice clip and text has left the screen.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
your screenshot of the event is effectively unreadable.
can you make another screenshot with [alt]-[prtscrn] instead of simple prtscrn?
then we can better check what might have gone wrong with your event commands.

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah ATT_Turan is right I think, the problem is your wait sequence is too long. Because the audio is playing, then the text is run, and after the text finishes, then the wait time is being applied on top of that.

I think the wait commands may be unecessary in this case.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Its 60 frames per 1 sec and my voice clip is 25 seconds thats why I have the wait placed after the text but it just continues to be a black screen for about 10 seconds after the voice clip and text has left the screen.
...right...because you've put in wait commands after the text. If you don't want extra time, they shouldn't be there. The game automatically waits for the text to finish scrolling, that would be pointless for you to make a text scroll and it just plows ahead with the rest of the game :stickytongue:

Just play the SE and immediately on the next line do the scroll text. There's no reason for wait commands if you don't want extra time.

Cecil199

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
...right...because you've put in wait commands after the text. If you don't want extra time, they shouldn't be there. The game automatically waits for the text to finish scrolling, that would be pointless for you to make a text scroll and it just plows ahead with the rest of the game :stickytongue:

Just play the SE and immediately on the next line do the scroll text. There's no reason for wait commands if you don't want extra time.
Alright that works only issue is I'm done saying the opening and the text is still scrolling but Speed 2 is too fast and Speed 1 is too slow I wish there was a speed 1.5 or something.

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Probably not without a plugin :/

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I mean, it couldn't possibly be too hard to time how long the text scroll takes and re-record yourself saying it to fit into that time.

Cecil199

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I mean, it couldn't possibly be too hard to time how long the text scroll takes and re-record yourself saying it to fit into that time.
Yeah that or add 1 more space between each line and see if it looks awkward or not you guys have been a big help. I just have one more question as I continue making this thing. how do I have an npc give me a key item? like for instance an empty bottle to fill up at a spring.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

After a little test with the parallax mapping, found it lags like a cat on a leash. Instead of the original idea to parallax map the entirety of the ship, I guess I'll settle for editing the tilesets. Probably should have done that first. :kaosigh:
So I kinda came back and learned how to mod other RPG Maker games so... Hello everyone!
Captura-de-pantalla-475.png
Version 1.0.1 done! Now finally free time... oh
Capture.PNG
I'm Really proud of how my game over screen looks!
UldJFr1.png
I felt inspired by a piece of art I saw. So I made this.

Wanderer Doge.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brideinmydreams