Kurtkakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! im looking for a plug in that can help me make a coustom order for the sprites (going from left to right)
this is the default order of how the stepping animation plays
Screenshot_20210115-154116_ibisPaint_X.jpg

and i want to change that to this for some sprite sheets

Screenshot_20210115-154026_ibisPaint_X.jpg

BUT only temporary, in other times like for example walking normally (for player and other characters) I want to keep it default.

Last edited:

akoniti

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If this is an Event, you could make a separate tab using an alternate Image (differently ordered sprite sheet), then flip back and forth with switches as needed.

Kurtkakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
May you please show me how?
If this is an Event, you could make a separate tab using an alternate Image (differently ordered sprite sheet), then flip back and forth with switches as needed.

akoniti

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sure thing. So the event side of things would look like this (I just used a couple of random sprite sheets, you'd use your normal one in tab 1, and your alternate one in tab 2) :

Event.PNG

For the Image in tab 2, you'd create an alternate sprite sheet with the sprites ordered the way you wish. You shouldn't need to change the order the engine uses the various poses in, just make an alternate sheet with them ordered so that the default behavior uses the right pose in the right slot, like so:

alt_sheet.png

To have your event use the Tab 2 sheet, you'd activate the Sprite_Flip switch in this case, or whatever you name the Switch.

EDIT:

Re-reading your original post, I see you mentioned 'player'.

The above would apply to an Event (e.g. a villager), not an Actor. To switch to an alternate sprite sheet for an Actor on just a single map, you could run a parallel Event like so, leveraging the Change Actor Images command, adjusting the walk image to your alternate:

image_flipper.PNG

To do this globally across your entire game, you could use a parallel Common Event:

image_flipper_global.PNG

Last edited:

Kurtkakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much for the explanation!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Added store elements.
44JtdpE5n4jQMFkSi7pACW.png

2uqvqT3uCWxcXAhlyZokxg.png

The next step will be to start making props (including distillers).
I just saw one of SigmaSuccor's RPG Maker news videos, it mentioned one of my plugins. Now I kind of wish I'd made a demo project for it, having nothing in that segment but a scroll down the code feels a little underwhelming given what the plugin COULD do. Except I suck at making demo stuff, and my testing project isn't fit for that. :(
Ok, to prepare for the GMTK Game Jam, I'm trying to make a game with the theme "The Cat's out of the Bag" in about 48 hours. I'd make a forum post with a question, but I don't have the time!
Worked over a week on a new BGM, and I'm finally happy with it.

Here are some screenshots of the area it will be used in
EzLHppdVIAMY7DP

EzLHpqsVIAEZ7jt
#WIP Metal Tactics's TBS (2015 vs 2021)
VSt9pWc.png
ZXnpNYY.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangos_Bored