Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What is wanted:
I want to have a common event where an image can be pulled up, then put away.

What is happening:
I have a test project set up to test out events before I put them into my game. In this event, I'm picking up an item that has a common event to show a picture (for the test its a picture of 2B) when used in the players inventory. However, whenever I use the item to look at the image, it shows up but never goes away.

1596740146867.png

This is how I have the event set up (actually identical to the tutorial other than the X and Y positions I was goofing around with).

The conditional branch, however, doesn't seem to acknowledge the buttons it has listed.
Down
Left
Right
Up
A
B
C
X
Y
Z
L
R

I'm not too sure whats going on but I kind of need a solution to this as I plan on creating a lantern effect later on in the game.

Rubescen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Instead of using the conditional button press loop, I'd recommend just putting an empty transparent message box. When the player presses enter the box will clear and the rest of the common event will run.

edit 2: I also just saw you want to use it for a Latern effect which means the above option won't work if you want the player to move. So here's a solution with your loop (mostly you need to have the event set as a parallel process), and a switch to turn it on.
1596741767618.png

Attachments

Last edited:

EcchiSamurai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Instead of using the conditional button press loop, I'd recommend just putting an empty transparent message box. When the player presses enter the box will clear and the rest of the common event will run.

edit 2: I also just saw you want to use it for a Latern effect which means the above option won't work if you want the player to move. So here's a solution with your loop (mostly you need to have the event set as a parallel process), and a switch to turn it on.
View attachment 154246
I'll give this a try in the morning and will get back to you then! The version of RPG Maker VX Ace seems to be a previous version in the tutorial I'm watching as their version had "when the (OK) button is pressed..." but I don't have that option in mine.

Rubescen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll give this a try in the morning and will get back to you then! The version of RPG Maker VX Ace seems to be a previous version in the tutorial I'm watching as their version had "when the (OK) button is pressed..." but I don't have that option in mine.
Sounds good. Also press F1 in game(test) in order to see what the different letters map to on the keyboard. It's not the exactly predictable (i.e. "z" in the conditional maps to "d" on the keyboard.)

EcchiSamurai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sounds good. Also press F1 in game(test) in order to see what the different letters map to on the keyboard. It's not the exactly predictable (i.e. "z" in the conditional maps to "d" on the keyboard.)
So what I did is set it up like this

Show Picture
Move Picture
Text (transparent)
Move Picture
Erase Picture

and it worked instead of the loop

Rubescen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great! Glad it worked. That's a functional solution as long as you don't want the player to move at the same time.

EcchiSamurai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't want them moving around if they're reading a note in their inventory XD so this really did help, and I'm looking at a tutorial on Youtube for the lantern effect, or at least will be when I get off work in a few hours

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am having a great day today humans! May your day be great too! Praise the altar.
Recently discovered that an old member called "Kaus" stole some tilesets and claim as yours, and some people associate his nick with mine.
Besides having the same name, he was publishing tilesets too. Bad luck? Guess maybe I'll need to change my nickname... :(

My best practices for a new amazing plugin by this author https://kagedesuworkshop.blogspot.com
Hark, I like trains.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AquarianMC4450