JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm not sure if this should be in Script Request or something else so please forgive me for choosing the wrong Forum Area.

Jac here! I was just wondering if there is a way to move players that are in Control to move freely upper-left/right and lower-left/right without using Events. Especially since you can control any movement within the Events and allow the upper-left/right etc... Is it possible or do I need a script for it?

I tried looking into it but I'm honestly not sure if I'm asking the wrong question or not.

Thank you,
Jac.

Riazey

Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just to clarify, are you asking about scripts that allow diagnal movement or perhaps scripts that allow for movement not locked to a grid (in which case I think if memory serves victor made one)?

There are some of either of those types you can google'em and take a look to see which fits your needs better!~ :kaojoy:

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes, sounds like he wants to know how to do it. It is certainly a script. There are several. Google them. RPG Maker VX Ace diagonal script -js

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Try this one. It is very straightforward, doesn't seem to clash with other scripts and gets the job done. I've used it in most of my games without any issues.

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just to clarify, are you asking about scripts that allow diagnal movement or perhaps scripts that allow for movement not locked to a grid
Diagonal! THAT'S the word I was looking for! Thank you for that! Yes, Diagonal! I was looking for the controls to where I could add to it but could not find it so I wasn't sure if it didn't exist and I should ask for a script instead or what. Kes links to Michael Super Simple Diagonal Patch seem to work well! Thank you for taking the time!

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes, sounds like he wants to know how to do it. It is certainly a script. There are several. Google them. RPG Maker VX Ace diagonal script -js
I had no idea what it was called! Thank you for telling me!

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Try this one. It is very straightforward, doesn't seem to clash with other scripts and gets the job done. I've used it in most of my games without any issues.
Thank you, Kes! It is exactly what I was looking for! I really appreciate it!

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.
My apologies! I wasn't sure where to put this thread! Thank you for taking care of it!

Riazey

Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome! Glad we could all help ya out a bit n get it sorted :kaoluv:

Also you can quote multiple people in one post, or just @ them like @JacSkulls !
This is useful because to prevent spam/etc you can't reply to/make a new post right after a post you just made (unless in most cases 72 hours have passed and you need to bump your thread)! If you ever need to update a post you can just edit it, even if people are currently writing an answer they will be notified of an update!

If you feel your thread is solved too don't forget to report your original post to have it closed by a mod <3

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@JacSkulls , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Please use the edit function to add missing info to one post instead of posting multiple times in a row. Thank you.

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Also you can quote multiple people in one post, or just @ them like @JacSkulls !
Wow! I had no idea! I thought it was a one message type each! Thank you for telling me that! Lol.
@JacSkulls , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.
I'm sorry! I'm still learning how to use these message system! Thank you for the link to the Rules!

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just keep coming up with weird ideas, and then spend the time trying to make sense out of it.:kaocry:
Hi, Erm... My name is zozobie! I just had a snack.
Face masks are to be compulsory when inside shops in England from the 24th of July. People can be fined £100 if they fail to comply.
Joy
Making progress on the battle system for OOTM, very excited to have the battle processing phase be less dull and text-y.

Thinking this will be the layout:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seongyeon