Help with Random Bombardment event structure!

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by RHachicho, Dec 11, 2016.

1. RHachicho

RHachicho Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey there I'm currently making a part of my game where the player has to move through a town under siege. I want to make it so that Shells randomly fall in the town and have tried to reason out a structure of events that will allow me to do that .. so far without success. These are the structure's I've tried.

1. A parallel process that generates a random number variable then turns itself off .. This variable causes another parallel process to trigger a bombardment event which plays the animation. However This approach does not react to player touch of the event. After the animation plays at the bombardment site that event triggers a switch that causes the original random generator event to run again.

2. Same as above .. But I set the bombard events to player touch. Which kind of feels wrong as it means the player can't avoid the shot and it more gives the impression that something is aiming for the player .. Or the player is very lucky and nothing ever happens.

What I want is for an event to respond to rng variable and then make the tile dangerous Until it's animation is finished .. Then it resets the switch that causes the variable generator to run again. Thus causing a different (Probably) Bombardment site to go off.

If there's no way to do this I guess I will just have to restrict the shells to places the player can't go (And so therefore he can't be hurt by them) But I really want to make it feel dangerous to the player.

2. sieben43

sieben43 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German, English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That doesn't seem easy, but my approach would be placing tons of events on the map that are only active when their representative variable is set and make them player touch-triggered. So the parallel processing event now needs several conditional branches to check which variable is active at the moment, then plays the animation on this particular event, waits until the animation is over and then makes itself run again by jumping to a label at the beginning. All the events on the map can now be configured to deal damage by being touched by the player as long as they are active.

To let it look better and more dynamically, I would create at least 2 or 3 of these events, that trigger different variables and therefore different "bombardment"-events, so multiple impacts/explosions can take place at the same time.

I didn't test it, but I hope it'll help you and if that doesn't work, I'll try to set it up myself.